Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-32S3000

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Mummbly
Visitor

KDL-32S3000

SINCE UPGRADING MY VIRGIN BOX RECENTLY TO ENABLE HD VIEWING, I HAVE LOST ALL MY FREEVIEW CHANNELS.  ALSO I CANNOT DELETE THE AV4 SIGN THAT HAS APPEARED IN THE TOP LEFT HAND CORNER OF MY SCREEN.  A VIRGIN ENGINEER CAME OUT YESTERDAY AND SAID THAT THE PROBLEM WAS WITH MY TV AND NOT VIRGIN - BASICALLY NOT HIS PROBLEM!!!  CAN ANYONE OUT THERE HELP PLEASE.............IDIOT PROOF LANGUAGE WOULD BE APPRECIATED

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

You can get rid of the onscreen logo by pressing the i+ button which I think is at the top of the remote.

If you are using Virgin Media, are you not getting all your channels through that box?

Thanks

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

You can get rid of the onscreen logo by pressing the i+ button which I think is at the top of the remote.

If you are using Virgin Media, are you not getting all your channels through that box?

Thanks

Bravia55HX

Hi,

i have the TiVo box which gives me all the channels via HDMI 1 but i also have freeview channels from the aerial if need be, with the virgin box on i just use that.

irrespective of whether it was a virgin problem or not that was pretty ignorant of the virgin engineer and he would have known how to lose it for you, but then he was a virgin engineer so dont expect anything less!

Mummbly
Visitor

Thank you very much have now got rid of the logo.  I think the upgraded vigin box has interfered somehow with my freeview channels.  Thank you for mentioning the aerial, however I think I only have an analog one, which obviously to my thinking this is now obsolete!!!

Mummbly
Visitor

Thanks for your advice - but what aerial!!!

Bravia55HX

if you really need an aerial then you will need a digital one, assuming you have your own property then this should be either in the loft or on the roof, if you happen to be in flats or such then theres likely to be a communial aerial somewhere which should already have been up graded to digital.

but since you have virgin media i would not worry about the aerial anyway.

Mummbly
Visitor

Yes, in my own property (3  up 2 down), found what I think is an aerial connection (not connected ) at the back of the TV.  That hasn't been connected for years, definately not a digital one.  I really would like my freeview channels back, as I only have the basic Virgin package - never felt the need for more, because I had the extra channels anyway. I'm now wondering if it's all a wicked ploy by Virgin - cut off freeview and customer will upgrade!!!  I really think the engineer should have known something as basic as how to switch off the on screen logo even if I didn't. I'll keep trying, there's a solution out there somewhere.  Thanks for your help it's greatly appreciated.