Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-32W705B and TwonkyServer on WD myCloud

profile.country.GB.title
bigredbus2

KDL-32W705B and TwonkyServer on WD myCloud

Since WD updated the software on their WD myCloud to protect against the 'Heartburn/ache/W' virus, trying to stream from the server results in 'Unfortunately the Media Server stopped' or at least I think that's the message since it flashes up so fast on the screen, I have difficulty in reading it. However, my BDP a6200 is fine with the Twonky Server, so is my Nexus and all are OK with Serviio. Looks to me like there is an incompatibility between the TV and Twonky. Has anybody else experienced this problem ?

2 REPLIES 2
Emmadw
Explorer

I've got the WD MyBook live (which also uses the mycloud software, but it's not the hardware called Mycloud). 

The version of MyCloud that I have is 1.0.4.38 (Mac) - though I don't think that actually affects streaming from the drive to the TV. 

The drive's firmware is MyBookLive 02.43.03-022 : Core F/W - which was last updated in November & it tells me it's the latest version. 

I've had no problems seeing media on the drive on the TV. 

That said, I've read about using the Twonky server with the WD MyCloud, but I haven't knowingly changed anything - I have the default software that came with my MyBookLive. 

profile.country.GB.title
bigredbus2

First, a corregendum, it says 'Unfortunately Media Player has stopped' so this is a Bravia fault. I have done a hard reset (i.e. pulled the power supply out, counted to 10 and started it up again). So, the WD box is innocent (for once)