Join now - be part of our community!

KDL 40EX503 is dead

profile.country.sv_SE.title
samdeo
Visitor

KDL 40EX503 is dead

Hello People,

I got sony KDL 40EX503 12 days back and since then we enjoyed it a lot. Connected to Laptop, watched lots movies etc. But today suddenly TV seems to be dead. When I last saw it working, TV was being used as extended monitor to my laptop through HDMI. I left laptop / TV alone for around 1/2 hour or so. Came back to see TV is dead. Tried all keys on remote. buttons on right side of TV. Tried to unplug and re-plug. Removed HDMI / analogue connections etc. to try and start TV but only standby (red LED) is lit. when I unplug - replug and press power button on remote, SONY logo appears for a moment and disappears (as if cut short). This happens 2 times. During this 2 times SONY logo display green light is ON. After this red light (standby) is lit for around 2-3 minutes and then this red LED (standby) starts blinking in a pattern like ... blinks 6 times --- then pauses(off) for ~3 seconds. at this stage, power on on remote is useless. Nothing happens if I press power button on remote or even power button on right side of TV. Now I have to unplug and replug TV to get those 2 times SONY logos.

I'm absolutely flabbergasted with this behavior of TV. Anybody has any clue what's going on?

Message was edited by: samdeo

Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Sorry to hear that. Sounds like its defective, so I'd contact the retailer tomorrow and get it DOA'd and get a replacement. Should be a painless process as its so soon after purchase, but you need to flag it soon as normally retailers offer either a 14 or 30 day DOA process I think.

Thanks