KDL-40EX520 Divx Registration

SOLVED
profile.country.tr_TR.title
iozturkcan
Visitor

KDL-40EX520 Divx Registration

Hello,

I have a funny problem.

I'm on the last step of Divx Registration.

But my 40EX520 is not playing the registration .divx video, says: "Playback not avaliable"

Therefore I can't play any kind of video file.

Thank you for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Just to be clear - Divx registration is not needed to necessarily playback Divx files - thats simply for premium divx files ( and frankly I'm not sure you can actually buy this from many places)

If a file isn't playing back for some reason, its likely that the codec/container isn't supported natively. So you can either re-encode to a compatible format or use a DLNA transcoder like Serviio to do the work for you via your PC.

Thanks

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
KDL-CX520
Visitor

Hi iozturkan, and welcome to Sony Forums

I think you are trying to play Divx HD file which are not supported by Sony

See this link Which codecs are supported by the television set? for a similar model

http://support.sony-europe.com/tvhc/faq/faqkb.aspx?site=odw_en_GB&d=kb&KBS=&m=KDL-32CX520&f=

Regards,

Message was edited by: KDL-CX520

Message was edited by: KDL-CX520

profile.country.tr_TR.title
iozturkcan
Visitor

thank you, i know that table, i have tried nearly all, but all i get is that error "Playback not avaliable".

Catmambo
Contributor

Just to be clear - Divx registration is not needed to necessarily playback Divx files - thats simply for premium divx files ( and frankly I'm not sure you can actually buy this from many places)

If a file isn't playing back for some reason, its likely that the codec/container isn't supported natively. So you can either re-encode to a compatible format or use a DLNA transcoder like Serviio to do the work for you via your PC.

Thanks

profile.country.IE.title
Mohsenbeigi
New

30:F9:E5:7D:03