Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-40W605B Netflix Code NW-2-5

SOLVED
nasmall97
Explorer

KDL-40W605B Netflix Code NW-2-5

I Just purchased this TV yesterday.

When i start the Netflix app (which works on every other device in my house) i get Error Code NW-2-5

I have tried wired and wireless, changing DNS settings, checked that i have the latest firmware, reset to factory three times, rebooted router.

Checked other threads which seem to end in... its not fixed or it was fixed in a firmware update.

I'm at a loss!

Any help would be appreciated.

Emailed support yesterday but have had no response.

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nasmall97
Explorer

I solved the issue..

BT Parental Controls!

Deleted the controls and now it works... which is wierd as it was ok on every other device.

Thanks

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

As far as im aware the NW-2-5 is an issue with network connectivity.  Are you able to use other apps on your TV such as iPlayer or YouTube ?

If so, try unlinking (signing out) your netflix account on the TV.  See:

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/8570

Cheers

nasmall97
Explorer

Hi,

I can watch youtube, iPlayer etc with no issues.

I am unable to 'sign out' of Netflix as it does not open. It only displays the above error.

The unlinking does not work, i have tried the up down etc many times and nothing happens im afraid.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Ok, I only have one more suggestion to be honest. 

In your netflix account online (via a PC/laptop etc) - Is the TV showing as a connected device?  If it is, try deleting it and then re-signing back in.

Unfortunately if nothing else works, your going to have to speak to Netflix support on this one.

Cheers

nasmall97
Explorer

I solved the issue..

BT Parental Controls!

Deleted the controls and now it works... which is wierd as it was ok on every other device.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for posting that.  Well well well - Who would have thought that! 

One to certainly remember - and others will hopefully find this useful to know too.

profile.country.GB.title
tennysonman

This is the work around for the Netflix issue with BT ISP.  First perform a factory reset of the TV.  Go to settings >System settings>General set-up>Factory Settings.  Once TV is reset retune all stations.  Using a mobile phone with data capability set it as a Tethering & Portable hotspot. Go to Network setting on the TV and connect to the mobile phone.  Once connected go to Netflix and log into the account. Once logged in, go to the network settings of the TV and log back into the BT or other landline ISP.  You should find that now Netflix is OK.

mickfootie
Explorer

BT Parental controls? Where is this?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

In your BT account settings.  Found some instructions:

http://home.bt.com/tech-gadgets/internet/stay-safe-with-bt-parental-controls-11363887238413

Cheers

deneclie
Explorer

You sir...

tennysonman

.....are the saviour of Christmas 2015.

Perfect solution...now up and running.

thank you!