Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-40W605B Netflix Code NW-2-5

SOLVED
nasmall97
Explorer

KDL-40W605B Netflix Code NW-2-5

I Just purchased this TV yesterday.

When i start the Netflix app (which works on every other device in my house) i get Error Code NW-2-5

I have tried wired and wireless, changing DNS settings, checked that i have the latest firmware, reset to factory three times, rebooted router.

Checked other threads which seem to end in... its not fixed or it was fixed in a firmware update.

I'm at a loss!

Any help would be appreciated.

Emailed support yesterday but have had no response.

Tags (1)
13 REPLIES 13
carljfree
Explorer

@tennysonman You legend!!! I have been going crazy trying to sort out this issue. Your solution worked like a dream. And yes, I reconnected to my BT home hub OK too rather than my phone and I was into Netflix straight away (having been able to sign in while tethered to the phone....my wife was worried that she might not be able to use Netflix if I am out). This has saved some very cross phone calls to Currys/Sony in the morning).

So thank you, thank your, thank you.  You are a hero in our household 🙂

anoraknophobe
Explorer

Hi.  I've had EXACTLY the same experience with Netflix but on a BDP-S5500 Blu-Ray player.  Sony support told me to request BT to remove their parental controls from the DNS servers, which (after great difficulty with BT) I've done, but I still can't connect.

When you did this, did you choose the 'Auto' settings for the network/server connection, or did you manually change the IP address and DNS Server address?

If you could let me know the exact procedure you went through I would be VERY grateful, as otherwise I'll haver to return the unit.

Many thanks.

lynxeffect
Explorer

where do i found tethering on the Sony peria m2

profile.country.GB.title
Pcguru
New