Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-40WE663 Remote not working after update

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Grandadbob16
New

KDL-40WE663 Remote not working after update

The TV updated automatically last night via WiFi. Everything seemed good and there were no obvious problems. I turned on the TV tonight and it's not responding to the remote control other than to turn on or off. Not sure if it's the TV or the remote, any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Grandadbob16
New

I ordered a new remote control, unplugged everything from the TV, went to bed and read the downloaded manual. Discovered there are buttons on the back of the TV that I have never seen (I'm nearly blind). Plugged everything back in to TV, pressed the newly discovered buttons (still can't see them - they're the same colour as the TV - black), and now the TV's working perfectly. My wife followed the update instructions and I can only think that she may have missed an instruction to completely restart the TV after the update.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Grandadbob16
New

I ordered a new remote control, unplugged everything from the TV, went to bed and read the downloaded manual. Discovered there are buttons on the back of the TV that I have never seen (I'm nearly blind). Plugged everything back in to TV, pressed the newly discovered buttons (still can't see them - they're the same colour as the TV - black), and now the TV's working perfectly. My wife followed the update instructions and I can only think that she may have missed an instruction to completely restart the TV after the update.