Join now - be part of our community!

Kdl-55ex723 just bought but cannot stand the picture quality

profile.country.en_GB.title
Lstephenson63593
Visitor

Kdl-55ex723 just bought but cannot stand the picture quality

Hi everybody. I have just bought the kdl-55ex723 tv and i hate it. I play on the playstation everyday so i thought this would be an ideal tv to buy for gaming. I  have tried going through every setting and mode over and over again but i cannot get it right. I am loosing my patience with it now so i was just wondering if anyone could help to guide me in the right direction as to what settings to use. Thanks guys

3 REPLIES 3
Judo75
Visitor

Hi, i resently just bought the bravia kdl 40ex723 and have read that all the specs and functions are all the same on all ex723  for all the different screen sizes...i myself found the picture on this tv to be rather dark unless i set the SCENE setting on the remote to cinema. I play Xbox on the tv and although their is a gaming setting in the SCENE options i find the general setting to be best.. This is a long shot as i dont own a playstation so have no idea as what options you have to connect the console to the tv, but i do know that if you are using scart connection or the component connections, these are the five coloured pin connections to connect to the tv, then you will not be getting the best picture possible. these only display upto 720p or scart only 480.  as i dont know, i can only suggest to make sure your using a HDMI cable to conect the console and tv, and be sure you have set your consoles display output settings to 1080p...Good luck and happy bashing : )

Lstephenson63593
Visitor

Hi, i also have an xbox and that is still the same. I have both of them running through an hdmi cable and both set to 1080p but when i play on c.o.d it either looks too bright and also looks foggy or it is too dark! I have tried changing the scene but i just carnt find anything that is perfect. My kill to death ratio is taking a rapid decent because i cannot see anybody whilst playing online. Thanks for the reply

Judo75
Visitor

Hi, the best way to loose that foggy washed out look on your screen is to lower your contrast setting.... youll find most tvs especially when on the shop floor to make them look brighter that the contrast and brightness are turned way up and this especially with the contrast gives you that white foggy efect you mentioned. If it were me, i think lowering the contrast setting would be my first plan of attack. it may make your screen look slightly darker but should totally improve the definition of the picture,..PS dont forget your brightness to, this can also wash out the picture... good luck and happy head shots ; )