Join now - be part of our community!

KDL50W829 TV audio system communication failure

KDL50W829 TV audio system communication failure

I have been using the KDL50W829 TV for a few months. It is connected to a Sky HD digital set top box and a Panasonic blu-ray audio system. I have set the TV to default to audio system sound which means that I never use the TV speakers. The TV remote controls the audio system volume via the TV. This setup worked flawlessly until I plugged in an Xbox One a few days ago. With the Xbox One connected, the TV reverts to TV speakers and no longer controls the audio system volume. The error message on the TV reads: "TV speakers active due to audio system communication failure". If I disconnect the Xbox One, the TV and audio system communicate normally again. I have tried factory reset of the TV and have tried plugging all components into different Hdmi sockets on the TV and with different Hdmi cables but the problem persists. This is very frustrating and I am running out of ideas so I would appreciate any help.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Try turning OFF HDMI CEC functions off the Xbox and see what happens.

Cheers
DicksonM
New

Sony TV

1.Blu-ray or Home Theater HDMI (ARC) to Sony tv HDMI 2 (ARC)

2.Sky HD digital set top box HDMI to Sony tv HDMI 3 (DVI) + digital audio cable from Sky HD set top box

to digital audio input (hdmi 3) on Sony TV

3.Xbox one HDMI to Sony TV HDMI 4 or to Home Theater HDMI in 1( control will be from function button)

The issue is note is Sony TV HDMI(DVI) does not have audio therefore the audio commumication failure

if you use this you need extra audio cable.

DicksonM
New

Sony TV

1.Blu-ray or Home Theater HDMI (ARC) to Sony tv HDMI 2 (ARC)

2.Sky HD digital set top box HDMI to Sony tv HDMI 3 (DVI) + digital audio cable from Sky HD set top box

to digital audio input (hdmi 3) on Sony TV

3.Xbox one HDMI to Sony TV HDMI 4 or to Home Theater HDMI in 1( control will be from function button)

The issue to note is Sony TV HDMI(DVI) does not have audio therefore the audio commumication failure

if you use this you need extra audio cable.