Join now - be part of our community!

Lacie Network Space media server.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kiwibones
Visitor

Lacie Network Space media server.

Hi all

I've got a Sony Bravia KDL37EX403U. Wondering if anyone has tried using one of the Lacie devices for serving media up to their tv? I've been using wild media server from my laptop previously and this has worked fine.

I've just bought the Lacie Network Space 2 and enabled it as a media server, yet it doesn't seem to appear on any of the tv menus despite both being connected to the network.

Any experience, tips or trouble-shooting help would be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Catmambo
Contributor

No specific experience with the Lacie. Is it running the latest firmware and have you specified on the NAS your individual workgroup  - Windows normally defaults to 'workgroup' as the network name, but you probaby have to type this into your NAS somewhere.

If your video services like iPlayer and Youtube are working, your TV is on the network, so the issue would appear to be in how the Lacie is configured possibly?

Thanks

kiwibones
Visitor

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah the NAS is configured on the default 'workgroup' so I'm assuming that's correct. It is up to date too.

I'm figuring it's the Lacie and how it shares, have opened a call with them - the TV is working fine if I use WM Server from my laptop and yes youtube etc.

Cheers though!