Join now - be part of our community!

Lovefilm problem

profile.country.en_GB.title
swansong49
Visitor

Lovefilm problem

I have seen questions relating to the problems with activating Lovefilms but I still cannot seem to grasp how to solve  mine. I have linked the account but when trying to click on a choice of film I am then taken to two menus.  Blue for new Lovefilm subscribers and yellow for current (myself).  Then I am stuck.  It says go to your sony entertainment account and click on ‘personalised music and video setting’ -  WHERE?! There is no setting on the site called this.  I have just sat on the end of a phone for 25 minutes waiting for customer service.  Eventually someone answered who seemed to have no idea what I was talking about.  Now apparently I have to wait 2 -3 days for a technician to help.  I have tried till I am blue in the face to get someone to understand  that the problem is with the instructions - all I want is this setting!?

:thinking:

17 REPLIES 17
Ani-35
Visitor

I was told by Lovefilm it was not a problem from their end rather a fault with Sony. Seriously frustrated though as i intially joined Lovefilm so the kids could watch movies during the half term. Shame as there going to be back to school Monday! I'm glad it was not just me though, as I was beginning to feel like I was doing something wrong!

Thank you to everyone for putting my mind at rest! Here's hoping Monday brings some light to the problem for all of us!!

swansong49
Visitor

That would be helpful as I do feel that this may reflect unfairly on lovefilm as we have always had an excellent service from them.  Perhaps they can put some weight behind our frustrations.  My husband is almost at boiling point and will no doubt be ringing Sony himself on Monday!

swansong49
Visitor

I feel the most revealing factor that has arisen from all of this is the absence of any message or input from Sony. Considering I have emailed, phoned and placed questions to experts on the forums, nothing has been forthcoming from them.  It is also obvious that others like yourselves have had similar problems, but even an ackowledgement that a technical hitch exists has not been made.  I am sure we would have understood, after all we are reasonable people! :angry:  What absolute rubbish of a service!

Message was edited by: swansong49

DollFin
Explorer

Hi, just spoken to Sony support. Not a technical problem, she said, but only a problem with pop-up blockers. She guided me through the steps, which are as follows: Go to the sony entertainment network site and sign in. Click on 'manage premium services'. You will see the Lovefilm box with 'enable service'.Before clicking on it, look at the top right hand corner of your screen if you are using the google chrome browser. In the address bar, with the sony address on the left hand side, look at the right hand side and see if there is a square icon with a red cross through it, or see if it is somewhere else at the top of the screen. If you find it, click on it and select the option to allow Sony pop-ups.Now click on 'enable service' and then on 'continue' when another box appears.If you do not find the red cross before clicking on 'enable service' then click on 'enable service' to get the 'continue' box. Before clicking on 'continue' look for the red cross and if you find it unblock the pop-up.In other words, at each step look for the pop-up blocker and unblock the sony pop-up.If your browser is not google chrome, look for the pop-up blocker somewhere at the top of your screen, and in whatever form it takes for your particular browser.Hope this helps.

swansong49
Visitor

To all those interested:  I have at last had some contact from Sony.  I do not have any problems with pop up blockers, they asked me for the MAC number of our Sony Bravia and have returned with the same instructions we have been following.  These still do not work and we keep ending with the familiar yellow instructions which take us nowhere.  I am hopeful for some more suggestions from them now we have established some communication.  Fingers crossed as it it two weeks tomorrow!!  I will let you know the solution or whether it is egg on our faces because we have been doing something wrong....     :thinking:

Ani-35
Visitor

That's strange!  As mine is working fine after following "Dollfin's" instructions. I just registered through manage devices, on the laptop and then logged into Lovefilm to activate. Then clicked in the Lovefilm logo on the TV and it worked fine!

Thank you Dollfin, and hope you manage to sort it out Swansong49 :slight_smile:

swansong49
Visitor

Yippee!!  Up and running.  Thanks to Claudia from Sony Bravia who had great determination to fix the problem and Arran from essentials.  I still do not understand why we had the gitch but it was something to do with the 'migration from Essentials to Bravia  (or vice versa!) '

:laughing:

macsport
Visitor

Hi every one,

I have the same issues, having read the above (much better than any help line) I am going to give it a try, it's a pity the sony system is so poor. I have been at this problem for 10 days!!. I will let you know how i get on.

Regards macsport