Join now - be part of our community!

Minor bug in Sony firmware(s) - (Request to Sony)

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
KDL-CX520
Visitor

Minor bug in Sony firmware(s) - (Request to Sony)

Hello

This is my point of view as a user for KDL-32CX520,,, I believe other models may have the same firmware bugs too.

All of us do the same sequence of behaviour when we press the POWER button to switch ON TV...we expect to see the picture first then we use the volume up or down to control the loudness

I noticed in my model that after pressing the POWER button and picture already displayed,  there is a delay 5~7 seconds for TV to accept the command from volume keys... i presume the TV at that time is busy by loading the operating system / presettings to memory.

in case you switched off your tv last time with sound setting high or very high, then you switched on again after mid night when everybody asleep,,, what will be their reaction :wink:

Request to Sony firmware developers:

The sound control should have a priority to be loaded once the user switched ON the TV...even its priority is higher than picture display

Note: my current firmware is version 3.407. The bug was exist with older firmwares too 3.309 and 3.235

Did anybody noticed the same or it is my TV only?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bravia55HX

ok,

joking aside, yes the volume is the same as when i turned it off last but i can hit volume instantly i turn it on,

is that what you wanted to hear.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Bravia55HX

Hi,

this is not a firmware bug but more of a condition known as "lazyitis", where the user forgets to turn the volume down prior to switching off the set!!:smileylaugh:

KDL-CX520
Visitor

@ Bravia55HX923

:slight_smile: Could you try your model and let me know is it the same?

Thanks!

Bravia55HX

ok,

joking aside, yes the volume is the same as when i turned it off last but i can hit volume instantly i turn it on,

is that what you wanted to hear.

KDL-CX520
Visitor

Thanks, 5~7 seconds response time considered as a bug , even the older Bravia processor for Sony Series 200 was not suffering from the same issue.

And let us agree to let the Customers be lazy and Sony work for them :laughing: