Join now - be part of our community!

Netflix Crashing when starting to play.

profile.country.GB.title
WelshJ
New

Netflix Crashing when starting to play.

I know this has been posted before but I can't find a satisfactory solution on any of the threads.

The problem is Netflix dropping out when I start to play a title. It has got progressively worse! 

Device: KDL-32W705B

Software: PKG3.004EUA

I have a sound internet connection cables directly to the TV from the router.

I have gone through the following:

Reset app, check fir firmware upgrade, factory reset TV, unplugged from mains and just about anything else I can think of including talking to Netflix who say the issue is not with them. Netflix is completely stable on my laptop, tablet and phone.

Can some help please?

15 REPLIES 15
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi,

Welcome to the community. I'm not sure if you've seen this previous topic with similar issues, it might have some other tests/checks you can try. There are also some troubleshooting guides for your TV here

Best wishes,

EdwinaU

willun
New

I'm having the same problem.

Netflix keeps crashing just as it begins to play.

I'm on WIFI 5ghz.

I turn tv off at power but no change.

I sign off Netflix and sign on again which works for a while then..... crash  and back to square one.

Are there any solutions for this problem?

Exactly same problem. No fix at the moment. Probably not going to buy a Sony after this. 

Dirtyd0g
New

Have you signed out of Netflix and signed in again, it worked for me I had exactly the same problem.

profile.country.GB.title
black_rain777
Explorer

I have exactly the same issue on my bravia 50w829b. It used to happen in the past from time to time but last month it's like that all the time. Yes - logout completely from netflix and login again typing credentials manually worked out for me also, but this is ridiculous. I am after extensive logs/test data exchange between sony & netflix regarding this issue but Netflix checked it out and told me they can't do anything here. Hopefully they'll find the solution soon because this is extremely annoying and looks like nobody cares to fix it (that's why I sent a lot of technical info including images & technical data to Sony to help them reproduce the defect). Please send this issue to sony also, so they can know this is not one person's problem.

profile.country.GB.title
black_rain777
Explorer

"Have you signed out of Netflix and signed in again, it worked for me I had exactly the same problem."

Yes, but this will only help for a few netflix login/logout sessions and the problem is back again.

profile.country.GB.title
lovefrombridget
New

Hi everyone - I just moved into a new house that came with a lovely Sony tv and I'm having this problem. Netflix will work for a bit, and then decide that it doesn't want to anymore and as soon as I press play on something it kicks me to a black screen that says HDMI 1/MHL at the top, with a little box that's got an arrow coming in from the left. Anyone got any answers yet? I don't know what model the TV is... if anyone knows where I'll find that info, lemme know. It's wall mounted so I can't see behind the tv itself haha... THANKS = )

profile.country.GB.title
black_rain777
Explorer

Nope - I haven't heard from them after I sent many technical information they requested from me (lost a lot of my time just to not let them get rid of me easily).

profile.country.GB.title
adutch
New

Hi all,

So I have similar issues here in Australia on a KD-65X9000B. 

I can reproduce the issue quite nicely :

-Opened up Kids Profile, Played a kids show episode.
-Forwarded about 50% through show, let it play for about a minute
-Turn off TV with remote, e.g. standby
-Turn TV back on open Netflix
-Open Kids Profile and play same episode again
-Program loaded started playing and crashed after a second or two throwing me straight back out of Netflix.

I'm getting the run around by Sony Australia. First suggested to do a factory reset of the TV which I did. This did not solve the issue. They also suggested a log off from all devices via the Netflix website. Did make a difference the first few goes, but issue is back after just a few viewing sessions. 

They then suggested changes to the Network DNS which does not make sense IMHO. Also a dead end. They are now suggesting that there is something wrong with the motherboard and I should get it replaced, of course for a fee... IMHO this is total nonsense as there is nothing wrong with the other apps and just an attempt to have me give up on pursuing this any further. The only way that this could solve problems if it was a compatibility issues between the revision of the motherboard I'm using and Netflix. If that is the case I shouldn't be paying for the fix...   

One of the support staff did make mention of a Netflix software roll-out recently which was causing playback issues, but apparently this was rolled back. This makes a lot more sense and IMHO, there is a bug in the Netflix app which causes the playback issues. 

So to cut a long story short, Sony support has no idea what the issue is and although I have provided them with all the info I don't have any hope this will be resolved by them. The only hope we have is that Netflix fixes the bug soon in a future release of the software.