Join now - be part of our community!

Netflix Support Discussion Thread

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Netflix Support Discussion Thread

Hi

Just thought I would offer a bit of clarity around the Netflix discussion threads that keep popping up.

• Is Netflix coming to Sony devices?

Hopefully, no date confirmed as yet, but as you'd expect, we'd like to launch it on Sony Entertainment Network/BRAVIA Internet Video as soon as we can.

• Which devices will it be compatible with and will it be backported?

Not clear yet. We look to backport all services to as many devices as possible, but its not always technical possible to do. Whilst it is available on US devices at present, its not yet clear if Netflix would want to re-use the old interface or launch with a new interface, which makes things much harder to backport.

Feel free to ask any questions and I'll do my best to answer below - mindful there are areas I cannot discuss with NDA's in place etc..

Thanks

Message was edited by: Catmambo

Message was edited by: Catmambo

Tags (1)
201 REPLIES 201
Edge77
New

Hi Catmambo,

Any progress on the Netflix in Ireland issue?  

I'm really tired of an XBox cluttering the area around my TV and paying the MS Live subscription just to view Netflix.   I'd much rather be using my BDV-370.   

Just a line or two to support this thread and reiterate how badly Sony are supporting their customers. My 12 year old PC can run Netflix with no problems, my wife's £55 Samsung tablet can too, oh and so can my free Nokia Lumia 710 smartphone, but my 2 year old £450 Sony Bravia Internet HDTV..... not a chance according to this thread - that's just total crap from Sony who have lost me as a lifelong customer. 

kjduban
New

I have a 1 year old Sony Blu Ray player- purchased in the US.  I am now in the UK for work and when I hooked up my Blu Ray, discovered it won't do Netflix.  Any suggestions on how to fix this?

DidoTwite
Explorer

I have a KDL32CX523 which I bought in June 2012 which, according to your FAQ, should have the new platform and therefore have the Netfix option- but it doesn't, why is this? Also, will the DRM issues be resolved for full TV catch- up provision, esp 4OD?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately it is not WHEN you purchased the TV, its what year the model number was associated with.

The KDL-32CX523 TV is a 2011 model.  Therefore no Netflix unfortunately.

In regards to 4OD and ITV Player etc, even if certain issues are resolved and they allow what them on the Sony platform, it is highly unlikely they will be available for your TV.  TV hardware constraints.

Cheers

PS: I also have a 2011 tv, and share your frustrations.

DidoTwite
Explorer

Thanks for the swift reply, old stock explains the clearance price I suppose!

laurencerussell
Explorer

Hi,

My Wifi connection keeps dropping out to Netflix on my Sony Bravia KDL24W605. When I'm watching something I get the message 'we're having trouble playing this title at the moment. Please try again later or select a different title' and the error code aip-701. I was just wondering whether any body else is having this same problem and whether there is a fix? 

My wifi connection is working fine on all other devices and I can stream high quality whilst my tv connection is still down which makes me think its not an issue with the wifi signal.

Anonymous
Not applicable

laurencerussell
Explorer

Hi,

Thanks for your response and sorry I've been slow getting back to you.

I deregistered the account and then registered again. I could play Netflix for about half an hour and the connection has dropped out again. I've done some investigating and when I check the connection through the Netflix settings it could not connect to either of the 4 Netflix servers and it also told me that the internet connection had been lost. 

I've then checked the tv's settings through network set up and it is as follows - Wireless Device on TV - Found, Local Access - Failed, Internet Access - Failed. So it appears to be a more general problem with the connection to the tv rather than Netflix exclusively. My internet is sitll working fine and I can stream Netflix on my laptop whilst the tv connection is down so I don't think its a broader problem with the wifi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Yes it does appear its a general wireless issue on the TV.  Are you able to use an ethernet cable to connect the TV to your router instead?  It would also give a much more consistent and stable connection anyhow.  The TV's wifi, generally has a lower power output that what is on a laptop/pc (hence less range).  It could also be electrical interferrence or even a dead spot.    What I think im getting at is that wireless issues are notoriously hard to figure the exact cause.

You could also try changing the wireless channel on the router - incase one or more of your neighbours are on the same channel, causing issues.

Cheer