Join now - be part of our community!

No internet content and not refreshing KDL-40EX503

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
touriga
New

No internet content and not refreshing KDL-40EX503

There are already numerouse topics posted about this problem, but maybe, just maybe, my post will be the tipping point at which Sony acknowledge the problem, apologise profusely and provide a solution that makes the problem go away for all users and never come back.

Previously my TV has accessed my local network DNLA servers and external  internet content with no problem since purchase in November 2010. Last  week for no apparent reason it now fails to update the internet content.  I still have full access to the my local DNLA content and the  connection test on the TV shows everything ok including internet access.  Initially the error code given was 2123 it now gives error code 5006. As with many forum discussions it appears that my set is  connecting to the internet but there is some problem with negotiating  communication with the Sony servers.

I have emailed Sony and await the solution from them wwith bated breath.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Catmambo
Contributor

Some steps to try - assuming you have the latest firmware.

• Run a full reset on the TV.
  • Run the network setup wizard again in the network settings - does the device report it can access the web ok?
  • Then try refreshing internet content.

The system is plug and play so if after following these steps and the TV confirms it can see the Internet, but you atill aren't able to access content, then there is something wrong somewhere. In which case best step is to then call your local service centre and see if they can pop over and take a look at it.

Thanks

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
flintst0ne
New

Hi,

I have the KDL-40NX703 and I more often than not have  to refresh the Internet content as well, which initially fails.  I then  have to reset my wireless interface, so that it learns a new IP address  and then I can refresh the Internet content.  My TV is turned off every  night, so should learn a new IP address when turned on?

CheerZ

Catmambo
Contributor

Some steps to try - assuming you have the latest firmware.

• Run a full reset on the TV.
  • Run the network setup wizard again in the network settings - does the device report it can access the web ok?
  • Then try refreshing internet content.

The system is plug and play so if after following these steps and the TV confirms it can see the Internet, but you atill aren't able to access content, then there is something wrong somewhere. In which case best step is to then call your local service centre and see if they can pop over and take a look at it.

Thanks

profile.country.da_DK.title
NonniV
Visitor

Just entered the same malfunction zone as many of you with error code 5006 constantly appearing (on my Bravia KDL40 HX800) despite numerous efforts with restarts, changing cable plugs, blocking server connections, refresh internet connection etc.  Has anyone experienced the miracle of permanent solution?  I would appreciate a hint from that someone...  Or if Sony has already manifested a overall fix, please send me the word.

profile.country.da_DK.title
NonniV
Visitor

The solution to the non-internet problem is a  re-start of the factory settings, and YES it works!  Just remember to write down the adjustments you have done in "System settings" etc.  Yes, I know I invented the wheel (!) but sometimes you have to go back to zero point in order to start with clean table again.  However, this does not change the fact that the bug is still under there, the problem may occur any time again.  To eliminate this in the future, Sony should update the sys-ware of the tv asap., that shouldn't be a simple operation through internet connection.