Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia KDL37EX723 sound/speaker problem

profile.country.en_GB.title
kikko4e
New

Sony Bravia KDL37EX723 sound/speaker problem

Greetings all,

I just wanted to announce this sudden problem I've had with this model (KDL37EX723), which I bought on the 23rd of May this year. It is regarding the sound. Today it started to make a very strange slight buzzing sound whilst playing games & watching TV.
It's not constant but only on certain sounds or musical tones however, also on voices.
I was wondering if anybody else has the same or similar problems with this TV ? It is on all sound modes by the way, changing the settings makes no difference.

Well I'm getting a replacement model on monday from John Lewis who have quite good customer service. I'll update this thread as appropriate on anything else of note !

2 REPLIES 2
atlanticc
Visitor

I have a sony kdlex503 with the same intermittent problem, which i believe is quite common and one of the reasons why a lot of people use surround sound systems.

kikko4e
New

Cheers Atlanticc,
good to know it's not just me suffering !

So I got a brand new replacement about a week ago & guess what ? It started making the same strange noise right away ! So I guess it's a model or batch fault. I'm thinking the former because it just can't seem to handle certain sounds well because this time I notice it's only really noticable in front 3D surround mode.
I'm thinking of either getting a refund or keeping and buying a surround sound system or extra speakers, headphones etc. I want to keep it though because I love this TV !