Join now - be part of our community!

No sound through HDMI on new TV

profile.country.GB.title
madmark666
Explorer

No sound through HDMI on new TV

Hi there,

Hope somebody can help I have been using  an MSI Media Live PC connected to my Sony Bravia KDL-40Z4500 for about 8  months or so, which was working fine until the wife decided to have a  go on the Wii resulting in a cracked LCD screen .

Anyway the insurance company has replaced the TV :slight_smile: with a Sony Bravia KDL-40NX803, the problem now is that I get no sound from my Media PC. Here are the facts:

Updated drivers on PC.

Tried 3 different HDMI cables

Tried in all 4 HDMI ports restarting the PC each time

Other devices work fine in all HDMI ports on TV, I have Virgin Cable HD, Xbox360, Blu-Ray player, all have perfect picture and sound on new TV

Tried connecting PC to old Sony TV - picture and sound fine (apart from big crack in screen!)

Tried connecting PC to cheap unbranded TV - picture and sound fine

Connected to new Sony TV - picture fine but no sound

I have also noticed that when I have the TV on the HDMI source that the PC is connected to I get no beeping sound when I press the "Home" button on the TV remote and navigate the menus, even though "Key Tones" is set to ON, but it does make noise when changed to other source, this happens even if the PC is not switched on.

I have tried everything I can think of so any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Mark

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Funnily enough I had a similar issue with a Media PC also. Likewise did everything, but couldn't get a solution so gave up and just used a PS3 instead as a media device. This was also on a 2010 model, so I might try it on a 2009 device and see if the problem is restricted to this years devices.

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
BarryHWhite
New

Same thing - Vaio CGN-FZ18M (fairly old but running Windows 7) and new Panasonic TX TV.

No sound.

Seems crazy, it should work.

Any help welcomed.

profile.country.hr_HR.title
DamacizSi
Visitor

Set all sound parametars in control panel, giving command to PC to send audio signal from graphic card to TV and set sound volume high on PC. You can chack connection nature allso when You connect PC to TV with 3,5 mm audio chinch, with hdmi, pluging in and out.

I advice support page to follow instructions for connection between PC and TV. Manu time paople did not make proper settings.

Try control for hdmi function in TV to put on and of, allso.

Regards

Damac

:slight_smile:

profile.country.hr_HR.title
DamacizSi
Visitor

Set all sound parametars in control panel, giving command to PC to send audio signal from graphic card to TV and set sound volume high on PC. You can chack connection nature allso when You connect PC to TV with 3,5 mm audio chinch, with hdmi, pluging in and out.

I advice support page to follow instructions for connection between PC and TV. Manu time paople did not make proper settings.

Try control for hdmi function in TV to put on and of, allso.

Make latest FW for Your graphic card.

Regards

Damac

:slight_smile: