Join now - be part of our community!

Not so smart !

cobra2351
New

Not so smart !

I bought my Sony bravia with the aim in mind to use the web search to find foreign TV stations for my wife, but every I find  time a streaming site it wont load message page too big to be viewed etc, if the preloaded apps can be used why not on streaming, i think the usual answer is its a TV not a laptop or pc therefore use a pc...so not so msart and the prelaoded apps are hideous in my view and of no interest or its as usual a pay job ! and for the price I would have expected a more user friendly TV..

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately as youve said, its a tv not a computer.  Even though the rv has a web browser, it is only basic, the tv just does not have the memory to display graphic heavy pages.  Also, some web streaming sites use Flash, which Sony TVs do not support.

If this is a crucial feature upon purchasing, you need to ask before hand if the tv does what you want it to do, so you dont get disappointed.

Cheers

cobra2351
New

Thanks for the reply, I guess it wasn't in the interest of the store to advise me of what a smart tv can do or not do otherwise it puts doubt in the buyers mind and perhaps a no sale ! But I could have easily bought an external plug and play box for a fraction on the price to do what my Bravia purports to do, for the price £800.00 it is in my view a scandalous rip off. My last time of buying any Sony products, I had a Sony laptop which was also very expensive which failed badly. All I can say is proof is in the pudding. Thanks anyway. Sent from my iPad 2 Air

Edited by Quinnicus to remove personal details

Anonymous
Not applicable

I do understand where you are coming from though.  In 2011, i bough a Sony Smart TV, and at the time i didnt have a computer to use for a while.  Many webpages failed to load, but even then it was difficult to use with a remote control.  Its not just Sony, but in general TVs rely on the inbuilt apps that are made for the tv.