Join now - be part of our community!

Oldie needs help with photos on Picture Frame

profile.country.en_GB.title
grummus
Visitor

Oldie needs help with photos on Picture Frame

Hi, just bought a KDL40EX503 but find it extremely frustrating with the i manual and wish I had something on paper! Getting old so find it harder to understand these things. The simple thing I want to do is to be able to view my photos (from a USB stick) when I have the radio on, all I keep getting is the photos preloaded on the TV. Can anyone help with this and also anyone know where I can get a "proper" manual, the Sony site has a download facility but I can't seem to get it to work. Perhaps it's an age thing but new technology seems to be harder to grasp.

3 REPLIES 3
Pcadjb
Visitor

Hello,

I think there is no possibility to use your own photograph when you have the radio on, although I may be mistaken.

If you have  PC rather than a Mac, then the following information may help you in downloading the I-Manual. I had similar problem, until I realised that the file had to be unzipped and placed on your PC before you could view the htm files.

It's not as good as a paper manual, but you should be able to read the contents and print off if required.

Hope it helps.

grummus
Visitor

Hi, great thanks for the info on the i manual, I now have that sorted. I also have an old KDL-32W4000 and I am able to see photos from a USB stick by setting - Digital Setup, Radio Display, Photo Slide Show. I am unable to find anything similar on the new TV which seems a bit strange!

Update- found system settings, radio display and set to Photo Slideshoe but this shows the Bravia images and not my images on USB stick. Found something about Playback via USB but, as yet, don't know where to find "USB Auto Start" settings.

Message was edited by: grummus

Pcadjb
Visitor

Hello,

Just checked on my set, EX7 series and looks like not possible to do what you require.

The problem lies in the fact that when models change the core software (Including designers) also change.

In this case the only photo's that can be played are the preloaded ones when listening to radio.