Join now - be part of our community!

Pc to Bravia via HDMI picture problems

profile.country.en_IE.title
rob55levo
Visitor

Pc to Bravia via HDMI picture problems

Hi,

I'm trying to connect my pc to my bravia KDL-55ex503 the problem is that the picture simply doesn't look right.

It hurts my eyes if I look at the screen for a short amount of time.It's like the writting on  most websites has a cloud aroud it and it hurts my eyes trying to read iI have plugged the hdmi cable in to the first slot on the tv and set the resolution to 1080p and the refresh rate to 60 hz. I have read the manual and I don't know what else to do.

Please help.

-Rob

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.hr_HR.title
DamacizSi
Visitor

Hi Rob,

The 1080p timing when applied to the HDMI input will be treated as a video timing and not a PC timing. This will affect the [Preferences] and [Picture & Display] settings. To view PC content, set [Scene Select] to [Graphics], [Wide Mode] to [Full], and [Display Area] to [Full Pixel]. ([Display Area] is configurable only when [Auto Display Area] is set to [Off].)

Regards

Damac

profile.country.en_GB.title
gofrost

you can use a dvi-d to hdmi cable if your motherboard supports hi def has to be div-d not dvi-i as this does not suport audio i use this without any problem the first hdmi slot is arc on a 32ex503 i guess this is the same for bigger screen

Message was edited by: gofrost

Message was edited by: gofrost

profile.country.en_IE.title
rob55levo
Visitor

Thank you Damacizsi. It was the "scene select" option that fixed it.

profile.country.hr_HR.title
DamacizSi
Visitor

Welcome Rob. Glad You have solved it.

Best Regards

Damac

:slight_smile: