Join now - be part of our community!

Problems watching Sky HD. HDCP error message. Please help!

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
pcamichel
Visitor

Problems watching Sky HD. HDCP error message. Please help!

Hello.  I am having an issue with my Sky HD box.  Since saturday it is displaying a message saying "This display does not support HDCP".  My only option is to press back-up.  When I do this the screen goes blank and nothing works.  I have been on the Sky website and followed their instructions and spoken to their call-centre but nothing works.  I have tried different HDMI cables, different TV's (KDL52HX903 and KDL26EX302 to name but 2).  I have done a software download on the box and reformatted the HDD (I think) and nothing works.  I would really appreciate any help as I am on the verge of replacing the Sky box but don't want to waste money if possible.  (By the way, none of the equipment is mine, I work in a Sony Centre)!

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.en_GB.title
jillywood
Visitor

Up until July 2012 I had no problems with any HDCP error messages, and I have surround sound, so it's not that.

Then sky sent me a new upgraded box as I was a valued customer!! since then, the error message appears regularly, I have had 4 engineer visits and 3 reconditioned boxes and 1 new box, still the error message appears and Sky have no idea how to resolve it.

Hi, Can anyone please help. I have a Sony Bravia KDL-46HX803 tv. I recently changed my Sky plus box to a Sky + HD box. Now when either watch Sky or when switching on first thing, all it get is a Black Screen, no error message. It's happening 3/4 times a day, the only thing I can do is switch it off at the mains for 5 mins. Sky have changed the box 3 times and now taken the hdmi cable out and connected the sky box via scart. It's still happening. Would appreciate any help please. Getting fed up with this happening.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I hope your not paying for HD channels as well?  As SCART does not output HD.  Very naughty of Sky.

I dont own a Sky box, so I cant help you really, but to be honest, this is a Sky box problem.  Considering your are on scart, have you tried changing the output resolution lower to SD or using AUTO instead.

Cheers

I bought a Sony LED Bravia at the weekend, and yesterday it started to display this message when watching Sky on a Sky+HD box. It happened mid program, rather than when switching inputs.

I tried a lot of on/off plug/unplug to no avail, so I went down the software update route. I found v8.233 for my TV model on the Sony site and updated via a USB stick. Pretty easy to do with the website instructions.

This has fixed the issue for me, at least for now.