Join now - be part of our community!

"tv internet download failed because content size exceed system memory limit." Sony Tv/Iplayer

profile.country.GB.title
lucymonce
New

"tv internet download failed because content size exceed system memory limit." Sony Tv/Iplayer

I've seen posts from 2016/2017 on this subject but nothing more recent. This is an intermittent issue for me with my Bravia KDL-55EX503 but is occurring more and more frequently. The BBC Iplayer support site says it has highlighted the issue to Sony recently but no resolution has been found. Any ideas please?

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.GB.title
JonathanFY

I'm having the same issue,  particularly with programs >45 mins. I'm troubled by the lack of progress by BBC or Sony

Vivek1
New

I am having same issue on Sony Bravia TV. Whats the fix?

Vivek1
New

@JonathanFY wrote:

I'm having the same issue,  particularly with programs >45 mins. I'm troubled by the lack of progress by BBC or Sony

I am having same issue on Sony Bravia TV. Whats the fix?

profile.country.GB.title
c10n7n27e8s40e65
Explorer

This problem has got worse since i-player videos have now introduced adverts at the start of the i-player video. Can this issue be resolved. I have the latest software version 3.004 installed on KDL-48W605B.

profile.country.GB.title
lucymonce
New

That's so true - I hadn't thought to mention that thank you!
profile.country.GB.title
Lynn7208
New

...and again. Beyond fed up with this. Currently buying new tv - only specification is not Sony! 

profile.country.GB.title
lucymonce
New

I bought a ROKU box for a few pounds and can access programmes without the download issue - not ideal but a lot cheaper than replacing the tv. I’ve always bought Sony TVs but agree with you that I wouldn’t have another

profile.country.GB.title
Lynn7208
New

Thanks - will investigate...

Sent from my iPad
profile.country.GB.title
JonathanFY

Amazon fire stick will also do iplayer

I'm never buying Sony again,TV mobile or whatever. The fact they give not a care about customers when there is clearly an issue. Some form of update, even if it is we are still working on it would be polite. But no.