Join now - be part of our community!

Register with Sony to watch Amazon Prime?

SOLVED
Pawsden

Register with Sony to watch Amazon Prime?

Yesterday my APPS disappeared on my SONY BRavia kdl-40W6058 tv. Now they are back but when I try to sign into Amazon Prime it doesn't let me sign in. It sends me a code that I have to register with Amazone.co.uk/mytv. When I go into this site its a redundant site. I restored the TV to factory settings yesterday but when I got Amazon Prime a few weeks ago all I had to do was sign into my Amazon Account on the Sony TV. I have the TV on automatic software updates.  have been searching for solutions and it seems I now have to register in Sony to get Amazon prime running on the Sony TV.  It says I have to register with SoNY essentials but it tells me my e mail account already exists. I tried to reset the password and that seemed OK but it wont let me sign it saying wither the password is wrong or the account disabled. I don't know what to do. Can anyone help please? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pawsden

OK, so I managed to resolve after 2 hours and thought I would share in case others have the same issue. It's an Amazon issue, and you don't have to register with Sony. You have to find the place on the Amazon account to put in the registration code for the device. The web address displayed on the screen for you to use to enter your code is an invalid website. 

After signing in to Amazon Prime on the SONY TV it will tell you there is another step and will prodice a 5 digit registration code. Go to this site (not the one shown on screen) https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/ontv/rokusteps and sign in with your Amazon account. There you wil be able to put in the 5 digit code you got given when you tried to sign in to Amazon Prime on the SONY TV., and hey presto, you can finally watch Amazon Prime. Would have been nice if the instructions were correct on the screen. I hope this helps someone else. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I am not sure whats going on, but I can only really advise you to contact SEN (or PSN - its now under the Playstation brand).

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/get-help/#/contact-us/

After going through the many links, Ive come to:

SEN-PSN.jpg

Cheers

Pawsden

OK, so I managed to resolve after 2 hours and thought I would share in case others have the same issue. It's an Amazon issue, and you don't have to register with Sony. You have to find the place on the Amazon account to put in the registration code for the device. The web address displayed on the screen for you to use to enter your code is an invalid website. 

After signing in to Amazon Prime on the SONY TV it will tell you there is another step and will prodice a 5 digit registration code. Go to this site (not the one shown on screen) https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/ontv/rokusteps and sign in with your Amazon account. There you wil be able to put in the 5 digit code you got given when you tried to sign in to Amazon Prime on the SONY TV., and hey presto, you can finally watch Amazon Prime. Would have been nice if the instructions were correct on the screen. I hope this helps someone else. 

profile.country.GB.title
Bojangle
Explorer

Hi, tried this over and over as my Sony TV produces a new 5 letter code approx every hour.

Just get a red  "That's an invalid code" message every time.

Have asked Sony and they seem to say they are waiting for someone to respond UNBELIEVABLE !!!!!!!!!!!