Join now - be part of our community!

Removal of VEWD TV Store

Removal of VEWD TV Store

I notice Vewd is going to be removed from my Sony Tv.  Is it going to be replaced with something else? If not how am I to download apps I want/ need??

Tags (1)
155 REPLIES 155
profile.country.MK.title
Zoki84

Any news?

olehsavchyn
Explorer

KLD-32W705C trouble, most of applications disappeared

2ca0c843-048b-4276-89ef-d9e079b01a27.jpgplease help

i need application URL Loader

profile.country.GB.title
Helin0x

There is no news.

Sony have discontined the service, there is no alternatives or compensation.

If you wish to have the features then you have to  buy 3rd party hardware OR a new TV.

I will never buy another TV from them as they are scumbags for removing features that are falsely advertised on the product.

I will always recommend against buying them to any of my friends, family or clients.

Samadhan
New

Hey boss,

How can i replace for opera tv withn another application , Please Sony give a Answer your lots of users in the world they are now what should do without application or another permanent solution by sony , Please let us know

profile.country.GB.title
vsonyy

Lot of apps are missing in my Sony Bravia KDL- 50W815B all of a sudden. Did factory reset and also did refresh internet content still no effect on restoring all the missing apps.  Any advise or any solution to solve this issue. 

profile.country.GB.title
vsonyy

Lot of apps are missing in my Sony Bravia KDL- 50W815B all of a sudden. Did factory reset and also did refresh internet content still no effect on restoring all the missing apps.  Any advise or any solution to solve this issue ? 

profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi Olehsavchyn,

Please try the steps here to try and retrieve your apps and let us know if this helps.

Best wishes,

Ed

profile.country.GB.title
janerance
Explorer

i have a 2014 bravia kd142w706bsu . two days ago my bbc iplayer stopped working and most of my apps disappeared. if i click on bbc iplayer icon it just says loading  but doesnt. i had loads of apps but now it only shows < than 20.  how do i get it all back. i had posted this question in general chat but think i put it in the wrong place (only signed up about 20 minutes ago to the site)  i have checked the internet connection and that is fine, i have checked for updates and they are all up to date. i am now stuck... any help please... thankyou atwickwitch

profile.country.GB.title
marianellag
Explorer

I got the same issue - I never sorted
If you got a remote control with the Netflix button , mine one never ever worked again
The home button never work d again either.
I researched n learned from many common reports this was caused by an update. That I had to update the mask ( network details) I tried but nothing. No support from Sony at all or whatsoever . Ended up buying an amazon stick , and adding it as an external device, so I could still get amazon, Netflix , bbc player , etc.
Hope it helps you in some way

Sent from my iPhone
Desmondnz
New

It works be nice if they provided and update which allowed users to install software.

From what I understand the system is Linux based which supprts Kodi.