Join now - be part of our community!

Scratch on LED pannel

profile.country.en_GB.title
Renzoellul
New

Scratch on LED pannel

Dear all

Yesterday I discovered a scratch on the LED pannel of my 4 week old 40EX720. The scratch seems to be superficial and is not deep when touching it. The location of it is such that it does not affect the viewing performance however when switched off the scratch is clearly visible.

What can i do? Can i use some kind of scratch remover? what do you suggest?

Please help cause I am freaking out

Regards

Lawrence

6 REPLIES 6
Bravia55HX

Hi,

i would strongly recommend you DO NOT touch it with anything the screen probably has an anti glare coating on it and you will make matters worst, having said that and please do not laugh but i read somewhere that a professional tv repairer has said to rub vaseline into the scratch then buff it off it should hide it!, i will say this you have absolutely nothing to lose by trying it as it will not hurt.

bryfly
New

Hi this web site lists several methods, one the same as highlighted by Bravia55HX923 above.

www.wikihow.com/Fix-a-Scratch-on-an-LCD-Screen

Link does not seem to work but if you type it in it does get there...

Message was edited by: bryfly

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Link does not seem to work but if you type it in it does get there...

Hi bryfly fixed your link -

How to Fix a Scratch on an LCD Screen - http://www.wikihow.com/Fix-a-Scratch-on-an-LCD-Screen

Renzoellul
New

Hi all

Well I managed to fix it. I had once bought a plastic polish cream and tried my luck. I know that the TV might have some anti glare coating. I applied some cream on a soft cloth and very gently rubbed it in. In a few seconds the scratch vanished. I then quickly cleaned the screen with some household multi purpouse cleaner and the screen was good as new.

I did not notice any negative effects on the anti-glaring coating of the screen.

Now I am happy

Next time round I'll buy a TV with gorilla glass  :slight_smile:

Regards

Lawrence

p.s. I did ask around some companies who's products are being sold on ebay to fix such scratches and all of them said that they do not recommend the use of such products on TV screens ....

Hi. I have had a similar mishap with my LED screen. The scratch only seems to have taken off some of the plastic coating. Can you please tell me the make and type  of the plastic polish that was used to remove/cover the damage ?

thank you Marc

profile.country.GB.title
moncyms
New

which plastic cream did u used ?

can you please tell me..

i have the same issue with my sony tv