Join now - be part of our community!

Vertical lines on Bravia KDL55X4500

SPMSPM
New

Vertical lines on Bravia KDL55X4500

My TV has suddenly developed flickering green lines when viewing an input signal (both hdmi and aerial signal). Is there anything that can be done? The TV is a few years old so I fear any repair costs are not really going to be worth it. Many thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
SPMSPM
New

Just to confirm I have checked ll the cables and reset all settings. 

SPMSPM
New

I have just found a / the solution on another forum. for each input mode that is effected, simply change the picture mode via settings. For my tv it is the custom mode that does not contain the lines, all others do. 

I do not know how long this will last so I would be very grateful to hear of any more permanent or all encompassing solutions. I hope that this is useful!

profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Glad to hear you found a solution @SPMSPM

I think a more permanent solution would be to get it repaired.  You can find out more about this by contacting the Support team here.

Cheers,

Cass

profile.country.GB.title
tgoggin
New

@SPMSPM wrote:

My TV has suddenly developed flickering green lines when viewing an input signal (both hdmi and aerial signal). Is there anything that can be done? The TV is a few years old so I fear any repair costs are not really going to be worth it. Many thanks in advance.

Go to picture settings

Click picture

Scroll to bottom

Set Dcr mode to off

Exit