Join now - be part of our community!

SLOW RESPONSIVE APPS KDL-32WD600

PANGRIVAS
Explorer

SLOW RESPONSIVE APPS KDL-32WD600

Hello there. I'm facing a problem with my Sony TV. I have recently bought the model KDL-32WD600 and all apps apart from two, are excessivelly responsive. When i choose Youtube for example, I have to wait about a minute  for the app to be activated. After that, Youtube works properly and there are not problems downloading. I use wifi connection

Also, the app's icon (Youtube or others) is totally black at the app menu. There are no logos and only when you move the cursor on, can I read the app title.

I have reboot to factory settings twice and I have cut the power once but the problem remains. Moreover I checked the firmware and is updated. I tried also to refresh internet content.

Is there something more to fix this?

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

YouTube has never been quick to load from my experience, but it does sound excessively long.  The thing that is concerning me is the icons that you describe as being black.  Could the two issues be linked? 

Are you able to take a photo of the black icons and post it back here please?

Thanks

PANGRIVAS
Explorer

IMG_20170301_193051.jpg

PANGRIVAS
Explorer

Some extra informations. I tried wired connection but nothing changed.

Besides, I have to mention that the youtube logo is ok when i reboot to factory settings, as the other two apps. However, in this case, when i choose youtube, the advice refresh the internet content, and there are 9 apps after that, which don't work properly as I mentioned at the beggining (see previous picture).

I don't know if there is any connection between two problems, but i suppose that something is going bad with the internet content refresh. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Thanks for the photo and additional information.  It really is a weird issue you have of which I have not seen or heard of before.  Unfortunately I cannot help you on this one. 

However I have escalated this thread to Sony Support for them to figure out :slight_smile:  They should be in contact with you in the next day or two.  Please post back on how it goes as I am interested too.

Cheers

PANGRIVAS
Explorer

Thank you. It's really weird. Maybe something gone bad at the firmware update but I cannot do the it again.

I will post any news.

PANGRIVAS
Explorer

Hi. Some new facts.

I sent my TV for repair and they told me that they just updated the software and the problem was solved. The new firmware was published a day after I referred my case.

Quite unlucky.

Now I'm waiting send it back. 

That's all

profile.country.GB.title
____Telly
Explorer

In my experience, this will only be the start of it. I couldn't tell you how many times we're have to factory reset our TV to get rid of a multitude of problems. Latest: channels 101 and 103 disappearing from the YouView guide. And don't hope to record and watch catch-up at the same time...

Take it back for a refund now. It will save you a lot of stress and angst.