Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia KDL46W905A p&p input question

SOLVED
MarkMark
New

Sony Bravia KDL46W905A p&p input question

Hi, I have my xbox connected via hdmi, I want to try use my apple tv or bluray player as the 2nd picture in the p&p or picture in picture. It can't use two hdmi inputs for p&p.

It says in the manual "when the main picture source is an HDMI input, the sub picture source can be:

Digital Programme

Analogue Programme 

Video Input.

Now video input is what I'm after but hdmi is out, excuse my ignorance but what constitutes a "video input" and since hdmi can't be used, is there a way to convert the hdmi out on my bluray or apple tv into a "video input"?

On the back it has a scart input with smartlink, scart without smartlink, component video and composite input.

Are these all video inputs and is it possible to change a hdmi out into one of these?

Thanks for your time.

Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have just tested my TV with this (KDL-42W807A 2013) and have the same.  I can use 1 HDMI port (ie my PS3) and either the TV's tuner, or the AV1/AV2.  These two are the SCART/Component inputs and I believe this is what "Video Input" is.

You can find HDMI to SCART converters on Amazon.  (eg HERE)

As well as HDMI to Component (eg HERE)

I believe it will work, but cannot guarrantee - due to the fact that I havent done it myself :slight_smile:

Cheers

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have just tested my TV with this (KDL-42W807A 2013) and have the same.  I can use 1 HDMI port (ie my PS3) and either the TV's tuner, or the AV1/AV2.  These two are the SCART/Component inputs and I believe this is what "Video Input" is.

You can find HDMI to SCART converters on Amazon.  (eg HERE)

As well as HDMI to Component (eg HERE)

I believe it will work, but cannot guarrantee - due to the fact that I havent done it myself :slight_smile:

Cheers