Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia OLED google tv XR55A8J

profile.country.GB.title
OldNorman
New

Sony Bravia OLED google tv XR55A8J

This is a follow up to a previous raised issue concerning cooki retention.

as previously explained - because of a google corrupt account issue I had to reset the account which due to poor Sony information - completely rest the tv .

issue 1 - my tv is connected by Ethernet - bur to set up I had to pull the connection as the tv set up can only be done by wi fi - is this a fault is this Sony policy - if so I think it is rubbish and complicates the issue.

issue two - since performing this reset I now find that every day to access I player I am having to sign in and connect my tv to the account - this function worked fine from my initial set up over a year ago when I purchased the tv.

i have expended too much time and energy trying to search for information / guidance on how this tv saves cookies - which it clearly is not doing .

whilst I can return multiple times once the time passes midnight - I.e. new date the log in hast to be reconnected - I am sure from bbc communication this a problem with the tv software not the bbc - why or where is the setting of date an issue ?

whenever I search google / Sony the only information I get is to clear cache - i do this slavishly knowing it will make no difference to my dilemma..

why is there no specific reference to third part  cookies - I.e. -  bbc or any sites with returning log in requirementsbeing saved on any support sites?

Where does the date influence the procedure ?

I am absolutely - totally teed off

i cannot find a way that allows me to contact Sony direct with this issue - poor service - wish I had not bought the damn thing support non existent - good performance but not user friendly !

IS IT TOO MUCH TO HOPE THEY MONITOR THIS COMMUNITY SITE AND HOME IN ON MY PROBLEM !

waiting impatiently for identification whether it be my misunderstanding of menus or fault with software

someone please rescue me from insanity.

OLD NORMAN

Surely ther must be some guidance somewhere that will correct this issue.

please don’t let it be factory reset

iThe tv is running up to date software 

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
OldNorman
New

Can any one tell me if third party cookies on google tv are governed by selection - I.e allowed or not by menu selection in the setting up of this tv .

iplayer has been able to log in with a third party cookie for the last 12months - but now the connection has to be refreshed every 24 hours - or is it 12  ? 
it is not date dependant as I had thought initially - that was proved by accident today 

ineptitude of support at both bbc and Sony is making this very difficult to understand for an older Man even though I consider myself technically capable.🤬