Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia TV doesn't connect to the internet

profile.country.GB.title
TobiasRieper315

Sony Bravia TV doesn't connect to the internet

Hi

I have a Sony Bravia TV Model KD-55XD8599

Software Version: PKG5.433.0183EUB

This evening I went to open up my Netflix and it stated that my TV wasn't connected to the internet. I found this strange as it was ok the night before and all my other devices were connected ok.

I thought yet another 'quirk' of the TV and tried to connect via settings, network setup which usually does the trick.  However, I went through the process and it didn't work. I even tried a soft reset of the TV via my remote control and again it still wouldn't work.  I turned the TV from the wall socket to rest and tried again, nothing.

Everything had been working fine before this evening, so I am wondering has something happened since last night.  Of course, with the TV 'not connected to the internet', I can't check software update, so I have posted my current version above.

Please help me?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
TobiasRieper315

Anyone please?

I checked the Sony website for software update version for the Sony TV model KD-55XD8599. 

It stated that the latest firmware update is v5.435 dated JUNE 2019.  (Mine is currently on v5.433).

Why hasn't my TV (which is set to auto-updates) updated to the latest version which was 4 months ago?