Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia TV recording finishes too early & misses end of program - please help!!??

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Maxidog12
Visitor

Sony Bravia TV recording finishes too early & misses end of program - please help!!??

We have had a Sony Bravia TV for a few months now.  Every time I record a program using the timer recording facility, I watch the program back only to find the last few minutes of the program are missing, it just ends, and usually on an important conclusion.  This is really frustrating!

Has anyone else had this problem, and more importantly does anyone know how to resolve this problem please???

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
etritd
New

the recording feature is totally dependent on EPG. the recording will stop at the moment that the show (program) is expected to end. so if a part of the show runs after that was scheduled on EPG, that part would missed in your recording.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
etritd
New

the recording feature is totally dependent on EPG. the recording will stop at the moment that the show (program) is expected to end. so if a part of the show runs after that was scheduled on EPG, that part would missed in your recording.

Maxidog12
Visitor

Thanks for the reply, what is EPG??  The program's are not running over their expected time, so I don't think thus is the case.

Any other ideas anyone ???

Thanks

etritd
New

EPG is Electronic Program Guide, the one that appears onscreen when you press the button GUIDE.

And it's not about the duration of the program. It's about the time when it's scheduled to start and finish. Let's say a program is scheduled from 8:15 till 9.15, but instead it starts at 8:25 and it will end at 9:25. The recording will still run at the scheduled time (8:15-9:15). so, you will be missing the last 10 minutes in your recording.

profile.country.GB.title
Testcard

I don't have a recording option on my Bravia, so not familiar with the set-up. Isn't there an option to "pad" the recording by adding minutes to the start and stop times, similar to a SKY box?

etritd
New

regretful, there isn't.

profile.country.da_DK.title
plysgaard
Explorer

That really sucks!!!!

I know Sony is not in control of the EPG times, but they could at least make it possible to add addiotional time to the epg recordings!

(actually it was possible before they made an update!!!)

Watching Tv on a KDL-40EX721

Keithsony
New

My recording to external USB drive (set in advance from the TV guide) used to be fine. It now it starts and stops a couple of minutes early so I miss the end of all programmes. How can this be solved please