Join now - be part of our community!

Sony kdl-40ex723 HDD registering

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
kurosakana
Visitor

Sony kdl-40ex723 HDD registering

Just purchase my new Sony kdl-40ex723.  I have attached a USB memory stick 16Gbytes to trial HDD recording.  I can read the media I have already on the memory stick, but I cannot record.

Whilst watching freeview HD BBC1 I try pressing the record button, and get the following message

"Recording can't start as no registered HDD is connected.  Please connect USB HDD to enable recording"

The memory stick is formatted in FAT32, but I cannot see any way of getting it to record or register the HDD

Any help welcome

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.no_NO.title
harddisk33
Visitor

have you to register your hdd or memory stick in the system settings -> recording setup -> hdd registration

but i dont think you can register hdd's smaler than 32GB. But try it :slight_smile:

anyway you cant record anything before you register your device and be aware that anything stored on the device prior to registration will be deleted from the device whan you register it.. good luck

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.no_NO.title
harddisk33
Visitor

have you to register your hdd or memory stick in the system settings -> recording setup -> hdd registration

but i dont think you can register hdd's smaler than 32GB. But try it :slight_smile:

anyway you cant record anything before you register your device and be aware that anything stored on the device prior to registration will be deleted from the device whan you register it.. good luck

profile.country.hr_HR.title
DamacizSi
Visitor

Now You can record progam and content just from DVB-T. After update in cople weeks You will be able to rec from dvb-c and dvb-s.

Regards

Damac

profile.country.hr_HR.title
DamacizSi
Visitor