Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KDL**HX923

profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Sony KDL**HX923

Should i be worried, apparently complaints are comming in already for this new tv on dark verticle lines either side of the screen!, i have seen this before on the LG i had that went back for a full refund as it was the area where the ribbon cable joins at the screen for the backlight (could be seen from the front) i had 3 of them and the engineer said its not right, heres the pics of the Sony.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/192/crease3.jpg/

http://i53.tinypic.com/wi2grc.jpg

this was originally posted on another forum and the poster stated that this is reported by german customers and uk ones, however i have been waiting months for my pre order and dont have it yet!!

Message was edited by: Bravia55HX923

Message was edited by: StartTheCar

Edited title in order to Sticky it, hope this is ok.

Message was edited by: -frank-

Edited links to work properly (originally double http)

535 REPLIES 535
Bravia55HX

Hi,

as you may have seen, this is a very big post!, i'm sorry to hear such bad luck there and i hope your replacement will be ok, you should ask the dealer to set it up in store for you to check before you take it, i know it does not help the 35mile round trip but at least you wont come away with another dodgy set!,

good luck.

i feel i should add that this style of tv with the gorilla glass will always display a feint line round the outside edge of the display some are worst than others to its up to you to find one that wont upset your viewing experience, as long as you cannot really see it in normal viewing you will get away with it, no point in looking for it when displaying bold colour or static images because it will show but should be very feint.

bottom line is as far as we concerned it shouldent be there on a high end set, but it is and it seems we live with it or dont.

profile.country.en_IE.title
BamBamMickey
Visitor

Can the logo light and ON lights be switched off on the 923?

I would find them a little distracting during movies with the lights off.

Jason-Jones
Visitor

The Sony logo light can, but I don't think the little green ON LED can...

Bravia55HX

Hi,

yes the logo can be turned off but not the green power on light but you will hardly notice it.

923sony
Visitor

Thanks guys for your kind replies.

Sorry I could not go to the dealer today  due to work commitments but I am going there tomorrow afternoon(03.11.2011).

Last night I found that my wireless router would not accept the TV ID on system info.( I wanted to connect tv to  home network wirelessly), but my first TV connected to Network ok. So there is a problem too but this is minor problem compair to rest.

Apart from all faults I've mentioned in my previous post PQ is fantastic.

I'll ask the dealer as bravia55HX923 mentioned to give me a demo.in the shop and if I am not happy with the replacement , if it is dodgy well they will have to refund my hard earned CASH.

Will post results in due course.:smileyconfused:

ps. JJ , Hope you will receive what you expect and deserve.:smileyhappy:

ShoppingReviews
Visitor

After reading all of the posts in this thread I am very surprised by some of the comments that shrug their shoulders as if to say, "It's ok for Sony to sell a defective product", or "we just to live with a faint crease( BAR) in the sets screen".

It is not, and you shouldn't.

I also noticed a post where someone rightfully complained and acknowledged Sony's miss handling of the situation. The same person then backtracked and said it probably is a feature of the set.

Huh?

I wonder if anyone was privately promised a free set to change their tune?

Unbelievable and unacceptable how Sony is treating this.

Message was edited by: ShoppingReviews to remove a link that was already posted in a previous comment.

Message was edited by: ShoppingReviews

Message was edited by: ShoppingReviews

Bravia55HX

Hi,

had you been in the same position as most of us have from the start and physically looked at these sets when they first came out some displayed this quite badly and it could be seen when watching movies and normal tv,

as of late most of us have discovered that not only is this now barely visible and i mean you got to stare at it to notice, it is almost on every model made with this type of screen with the gorilla glass.

im not saying that its right and at this price point it should not be, but most of us have fought tooth and nail with Sony over this for a satisfactory answer albiet not neccessarily the right one, some of us have given up and a few expecting replacements 6 months down the line.

this is truly a stunning set and compared to the likes of Samsung and Panasonic flagships its little trait is nothing by comparison.

i originally had mine on pre order 2 months before it hit the stores and im still waiting for my 3rd replacement which was due in this week.

and if you find out if anyone was promised a free set then name and shame them here!

StartTheCar
Contributor

I can confirm that no one was 'promised' or given a free set with regards to this matter. That is simply not our style and to do so would utterly contradict and undermine the statement we have already made.

If you have time to read through the thread you will see that the community has worked hard to ensure that everyone understands and has all the facts needed to make an informed decision.  In addition, we have spoken to dozens of customers directly and, with considerable help from their retailers, done what we can to support any customers who raise concerns.

If you have any concerns yourself, please feel free to raise them here or to e-mail me directly with specifics.

Best regards

Lee

Bravia55HX

Well said Lee!

profile.country.en_IE.title
BamBamMickey
Visitor

As with all other makes of tvs that have issues (none of them are perfect, some are x10 worse than others), when you purchase a display, your contract is with the retailer and if you are not happy with the tv for any reason, you should go back to your retailer to see what they will do for you, if they don't make you happy you can ask for a refund and go elsewhere.

I have had 4 Samsung D8000 LED TV's, and they were a complete mess compared to Sony's flagship, which only has OCD trigger (ie. hidden crease lol) if it is too bad or too distracting, ask your retailer for a replacement.

I was told by my retailer that i would never get a perfect Samsung D8000, and i was looking for faults, even though the clouding, bleeding, banding & posterization could be seen without looking for it.

Having seen a 923 in the flesh, i can 100% say, it looks like a real FLAGSHIP display, compared to what other manufacturers call a FLAGSHIP display.