Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KDL**HX923

profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Sony KDL**HX923

Should i be worried, apparently complaints are comming in already for this new tv on dark verticle lines either side of the screen!, i have seen this before on the LG i had that went back for a full refund as it was the area where the ribbon cable joins at the screen for the backlight (could be seen from the front) i had 3 of them and the engineer said its not right, heres the pics of the Sony.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/192/crease3.jpg/

http://i53.tinypic.com/wi2grc.jpg

this was originally posted on another forum and the poster stated that this is reported by german customers and uk ones, however i have been waiting months for my pre order and dont have it yet!!

Message was edited by: Bravia55HX923

Message was edited by: Bravia55HX923

Message was edited by: StartTheCar

Edited title in order to Sticky it, hope this is ok.

Message was edited by: -frank-

Edited links to work properly (originally double http)

535 REPLIES 535
Bravia55HX

BamBamMickey,

does this mean you are taking the plunge and joining us then? when are you getting yours?

923sony
Visitor

I am very happy to post that my 3rd replacement seems to be almost perfect ( except very very fine crease on left edge but you have to really look for it or imagine )

I took 2nd faulty set to the dealer and they chcked and confirmed the set was faulty ( two thin black lines near top and poor picture on top right area, banding etc.).

They setup a brand new tv and asked me to check if there were any defects ( not in the shop floor with overhead lights etc. but in their workshop in day light ).

To my suprise I could not find any fault and the manfature date 06/2011. But the 1st set was 6/2011 with the crease and  2nd faulty set was 08/2011. What is going on ? Why did Sony distribute very obvious faulty set unless they had not check that particular set at all ( it may be the worst tv anyone would ever see ) ?

I've accepted the replacement set but told them if any fault in the near  future as before I would request for a FULL REFUND not a replacement. In any case dealer only sell products and not manufacturing them. So it is not their fault.

So far so good as I set it up at home and tried not to look for faults as there were not any and enjoyed the picture quality. Even I've updated the latest S/W via internet. Will play with it this weekend.

Will post a little more soon.

Best regards to all.

Bravia55HX

923sony,

well that was a result!, nice one!, in all your excitement did the dealer remember to print off your guarantee forrn for you to send off?, at least you came away from the store provisionally happy, thats far better than getting it home and finding problems then, well as you know its Friday and i still have my phone in hand waiting for that call and still nothing yet, just want to get on now and enjoy it, six months is a long time sittin on the edge.

dont forget to look up some of the settings posted on here and try and forget that vivid setting ever existed!!

profile.country.en_IE.title
BamBamMickey
Visitor

Yes Bravia55HX923, i am certainly close to it.
I am going down tomorrow to look at the 55HX923 in the flesh in my local Sony Centre, that will make my decision for me.
I have already asked about getting a latest batch and they said i would as they don't stock them

So wish me luck gentlemen, i am halfway in the club doors.

Jason-Jones
Visitor

Sounds like my dealer; they always had to order them in a wait a few weeks, but it seems they always got a newish build that way...

Hope it works out for you, if you get a good one, it really can produce and amazing picture with a good HD source!!

Cheers

JJ

Bravia55HX

BBM,

Good luck tomorrow, i believe you will be impressed with the PQ, but i'll bet they'll have it on the vivid setting!,

have a play with it and let us know how you get on.

BamBamMickey
Visitor

Hehe, yes as do all retailers to make it look more impressive under all those bright lights.

I will certainly have a play and first thing i want to see is 1080p24 Blu ray with game mode on (or everything off).

I might use some of the enhancements at home, but i want to see how it handles Blu Ray as standard because even with game mode on, the Samsungs still have smoothing and interpolation going on in the background (a big no no for a Blu Ray collector) lol.

Thanks lads will come back to you with my impressions and maybe a pic or two.

BigD289
Visitor

Game mode will turn the local dimming off by default which is (in my opionion) the most attractive feature of this set!

Message was edited by: BigD289

Message was edited by: BigD289

BamBamMickey
Visitor

It may well be, but my first priority is to see if it will show something as it is untouched, then try local dimming to see if it causes any haloing etc.

Also as i will be doing as much gaming as watching movies, it would be nice to see what to expect when game mode is on.

BigD289
Visitor

I think in Game mode you can also set the local dimming to low or turn it off and on. Most games I leave it on, it really makes them look great! There are some games, mostly FPS, that I turn it off. Sometimes you can notice a slight lag. The great thing about this TV is that you can choose to have it on or off to suit. Something you can't do on a non dimming LCD.