Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KDL**HX923

profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Sony KDL**HX923

Should i be worried, apparently complaints are comming in already for this new tv on dark verticle lines either side of the screen!, i have seen this before on the LG i had that went back for a full refund as it was the area where the ribbon cable joins at the screen for the backlight (could be seen from the front) i had 3 of them and the engineer said its not right, heres the pics of the Sony.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/192/crease3.jpg/

http://i53.tinypic.com/wi2grc.jpg

this was originally posted on another forum and the poster stated that this is reported by german customers and uk ones, however i have been waiting months for my pre order and dont have it yet!!

Message was edited by: Bravia55HX923

Message was edited by: Bravia55HX923

Message was edited by: StartTheCar

Edited title in order to Sticky it, hope this is ok.

Message was edited by: -frank-

Edited links to work properly (originally double http)

535 REPLIES 535
923sony
Visitor

Hi Bravia & BBM

By calibrating ( using either Disney WOW or S & P discs ) will it improve picture quality on normal digital programms  BBC, ITV or BBC HD , ITV HD etc.?

What is the best disc to use ? DVD or Blue Ray pls.

By the way  Bravia Amazon UK is selling both discs and not too pricey.

Many thanks in advance.

PS. Have posted 5 Years warrenty form and Cash back ( £150 ) and free PS3 form today as I am very very  happy with my 3rd replacement. No problems so far. Thinking of purchasing Freesat box with Blue ray and Hard Drive when I receve my cash back.

Message was edited by: 923sony

Message was edited by: 923sony

Bravia55HX

923sony,

a properly calibrated tv will look better no matter what your watching, that Disney WOW disc is too rich for me, the spears munsil is ok but you need the coloured filters, theres also the Digital Video Essentials which is not available yet, but i had a rip of it somewhere but probably lent it out and lost it, no one seems to return what they borrow these days!,

a blu ray player is a good choice for your future purchase make sure its 3D and buy a 1.4 high speed cable, the pro gold red on Amazon is a good buy.

Tegs200
Visitor

Hello, just about to get my new hx923 46" and just wanted to ask where you check the build date as I heard the earlier ones are more prone to the crease effect?

Bravia55HX

Tegs200

hello, thats hearsay, theres absolutely nothing to support the theory that the crease was on the earlier ones more so than they are now, if anything it may have been a little more pronouced, all these new screens which have been assembled with the gorilla glass fronts will show very very faint lines.

however should you wish to check build dates and serials they can be found on the edge of the boxes and on the rear sticker on the tv itself.

profile.country.en_IE.title
BamBamMickey
Visitor

Over on AVSforum and a couple on AVF have stated they are finding October and later builds without this crease, plenty too.
Also i was told by a Sonly Salesmen the same thing, after October, there shouldn't be any noticeable creasing.

It may be that Sony don't want to make too much of a deal about it, and may have changed something about their production procedure, i hope so anyway.

Update on my order.

I was told i might not get a 55HX923 at all in November, couldn't get one until yesterday they rang me and said they sourced one in the UK, now i hope this isn't an old batch as i had asked about new model twice now.

i'd also like to know how i would check it, so i can exchange without opening it, i hope its not an early batch or a bad one.....PLEASE.....:(

Bravia55HX

Hi BBM,

yes its me again!!, first of all you can check the build date and the serial number from the end of the box, secondly you can still check the tv easily without removing from the box, you snap the four plastic clips open round the bottom of the box and lift the top off, peel back the polystyrene bag to gain access to the mains plug and aerial socket and test the picture like that, simple!

BamBamMickey
Visitor

Hehe, hello there my friend.

Thanks for the advice, that is what i will do then.
Will there be a manufacturing date on it or do i have to refernce it by serial number?

Bravia55HX

Hey BBM

yeah, i said above the build date AND the serial number on the box!, but since you gonna take my advice if you look at the rear right side of the tv you'll find the same thing on a sticker!.

BamBamMickey
Visitor

excellent.

I am getting a call on friday and hopefully it will be good news.

I have had excitement for tv's before (D8000 LED that disappeared shortly after setting it up lol), but i haven't had excitement like this before for the full array HX923.

Let's hope i am not disappointed.

Any update on your case Andy?

Bravia55HX

Dont even go there!! lol, not even a phone as of yet, soon as i know so will everyone else!