Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KDL**HX923

profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Sony KDL**HX923

Should i be worried, apparently complaints are comming in already for this new tv on dark verticle lines either side of the screen!, i have seen this before on the LG i had that went back for a full refund as it was the area where the ribbon cable joins at the screen for the backlight (could be seen from the front) i had 3 of them and the engineer said its not right, heres the pics of the Sony.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/192/crease3.jpg/

http://i53.tinypic.com/wi2grc.jpg

this was originally posted on another forum and the poster stated that this is reported by german customers and uk ones, however i have been waiting months for my pre order and dont have it yet!!

Message was edited by: Bravia55HX923

Message was edited by: Bravia55HX923

Message was edited by: StartTheCar

Edited title in order to Sticky it, hope this is ok.

Message was edited by: -frank-

Edited links to work properly (originally double http)

535 REPLIES 535
profile.country.en_IE.title
BamBamMickey
Visitor

Fingers crossed for you Andy :wink:

Tegs200
Visitor

Hello, Just tried going on my home page for the first time to view some 3D content and the screen prompted me to do an update which it did  but now I can not access any content at all and it keeps coming up with a network error has accured., any help would be grateful.

Bravia55HX

Tegs200,

Hi and sorry for the slow response, well i have not had my set long enough to be able to give you an accurate account but would strongly suggest you check all your network settings in set up and see if anythings changed,

also another commonly suggested trick on here is to do a factory re set after an update to clear any glitches in the system and start the process again.

best i can advise at this moment im afraid.

regards.

Tegs200
Visitor

Thanks for your help and it's fine now , the other big problem I'm having is that all my DVD I put on all look superimposed and soap opera like which is annoying me, I can get around it watching sky movies by selecting cinema mode but cant do anything about it on my ble ray player and I don't like the look of it as it's ruining all my films (player is the son_ bdps78ob , is there any way around this proble?thanks again.

Bravia55HX

Hi again,

ok well this is bound to be a settings issue as i can honestly say you got top notch gear there, and once again i find myself repeating the fact i have not had mine long enough to test all this, the player will upscale standard DVD's very well and the tv should handle this.

have you calibrated the set to your liking?, and have you gone mad (most of us do first time round) and turned on all picture processing?, if so turn off all picture processing to start with, i believe its too much anyway, try cinema and/or standard and check all picture settings, you will find some helpful settings within this thread.

DVD will not come up to blu ray standard, well not on this size tv anyway but will deffo be better than what your experiencing at the moment.

have a play around with the settings, make a note of what your on at present so if you dont like what you done you can go back and start again, theres so many adjustments you can make and its easy to get lost in it.

good luck.

Tegs200
Visitor

Ok and thanks again for all your help so far.

Tegs200
Visitor

I put all the settings back to default and tried some more dvd's and all I can liken it to is they all look like there trying to give a 3D effect even though it's in 2D and your not wearing glasses but it just looks false if you know what I mean.

Bravia55HX

Hi,

should be no where near as bad as your making it, try some of the settings posted on this thread and dont use the vivid setting, im expecting delivery of my replacement any day now, had i already got it i would talk you through it, i have a 40" loaner at the moment and have played boxset after boxset of DVD's yes they are a tad grainy but very watchable.

one other thing you could do is to soarce a disc in your collection that has the THX logo on it and set your tv up using the THX optimiser in the menu of said disc and see how that goes.

Tegs200
Visitor

Ok thanks and I'll try that option, cheers.

michaelmc
Visitor

Sony KDL55HX923

Hi I just received my set on the 4th November 2011 and I have noticed faint crease lines down the left and right hand side of my TV

What can I do about it as I dont think its good for a flagship model TV especally as ive just had about a week

1st Sony TV I've had that has ever had a problem

Message was edited by: michaelmc