Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KDL**HX923

profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Sony KDL**HX923

Should i be worried, apparently complaints are comming in already for this new tv on dark verticle lines either side of the screen!, i have seen this before on the LG i had that went back for a full refund as it was the area where the ribbon cable joins at the screen for the backlight (could be seen from the front) i had 3 of them and the engineer said its not right, heres the pics of the Sony.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/192/crease3.jpg/

http://i53.tinypic.com/wi2grc.jpg

this was originally posted on another forum and the poster stated that this is reported by german customers and uk ones, however i have been waiting months for my pre order and dont have it yet!!

Message was edited by: Bravia55HX923

Message was edited by: Bravia55HX923

Message was edited by: StartTheCar

Edited title in order to Sticky it, hope this is ok.

Message was edited by: -frank-

Edited links to work properly (originally double http)

535 REPLIES 535
Bravia55HX

Hi,

i take it you have not read this entire thread yet!, post up here the following which can be found on the sticker on the back (or the side of the box) the serial number and the build date please, this is just for reference.

there will always be faint lines like the ones you discovered on these models with the gorilla glass im afraid however some are more pronouced than others if you cannot see it with normal viewing it should not be too much of a distraction, naturally it will manifest itself on bold single colours but how much it will bother you is down to you.

you can always send it back and request another, usually a good rapport with your dealer helps as you may be able to view any replacement there first, but this is no guarantee the next one will be any different.

profile.country.en_IE.title
BamBamMickey
Visitor

Teg200, default settings may still have some picture processing still on (haven't had mine to play with yet).

I would turn off everything (or try game mode) just so you can see how it shows dvd without any of those silly processes.

There are some that are helpful like the low quality video enchancer (this may be on and may be causing your dvd to look fake).

I would give you detailed instructions and settings if i had mine, but i probably won't be getting mine for a further 2 weeks, but when i do i will post the best settings in my opinion.

BamBamMickey
Visitor

Got a phone call there.

My TV has arrived!!!

Going to collect it at lunchtime, tonight i will have a serious play with it and will post my impressions.

BamBamMickey
Visitor

07/2011 build date.

No crease, virtually zero haloing (again it's off axis that you see it.)

Best blacks i have seen on a display, wonderfull.

1080p24 Blu rays look the best i have ever seen them.

Clear plus isn't something i like, it may well improve details on fine lines, but it does definately impact overall brightness/light on the picture.

Clear is better, doesn't have the same impact to light output and improves motion slightly, but TBH this display handles motion better than anything else i have witnessed, so it's not necessary IMO.

Besides, Clear plus does add (what looks like black frame insertion to me) as when it's on, everything gets little uniform stripes (seen easier the closer you get) on colours and is quite distracting (for those with an eye for it)

With Game mode on (led modes off), i have a fair bit of clouding only on the right hand top and bottom of the display, the left side is fine, anyone else seen this?

It's not that distracting in Game mode as i'm gaming and you only see it on black screen.

With LED mode on, movies are so black it feels unreal and makes it so much more enjoyable.

I am still fiddling, so expect more to come.

jamestaylor8
Visitor

First time on a forum so not sure whats what

I have just bought a KDL46HX923 and all seams fine apart from when I'm watching sport (golf or football) is it normal from long shot images that the golf course/football pitch looks cloudy and that vertical bands of differing brightness is visible?

any close ups and the tv seams fine

Is this the tv or does it sound faulty

Bravia55HX

Hi,

its more than likely to be too much picture processing, turn motionflow and other picture processing off and see if that helps, you dont really need any of them on as the tv does a nice job without.

jamestaylor8
Visitor

Thanks for your prompt reply

done as you suggested and it still looks cloudy with banding

do you watch sport on yours, and if so do you get a similar picture to what I'm describing?

Bravia55HX

Hi again,

i am still awaiting a replacement so i cannot answer this without checking im afraid and since others are enjoying theirs i have not heard from them since!!,

perhaps you could post your current settings up for further assistance.

regards.

Jason-Jones
Visitor

A few of us have recently posted pictures over on the AVF thread here: http://www.avforums.com/forums/lcd-led-lcd-tvs/1539745-sony-bravia-hx923-tv-thread-part-4-a-14.html#...

I posted one quite recently that shows my screen uniformity, which seems pretty good IMHO...

It is here: http://www.avforums.com/forums/15871037-post382.html

Cheers

JJ

Message was edited by: Jason-Jones

Message was edited by: Jason-Jones

Jason-Jones
Visitor

Hi Andy,

You still not got your replacement screen??? - wow!!!

I am really happy with my current set, so I hope you get lucky too! :slight_smile:

Cheers

JJ