Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KDL40W605B - All Apps Gone!

SOLVED
williamjrjohnson
Explorer

Sony KDL40W605B - All Apps Gone!

Hi,

Hopefully someone can help me.

I have a Sony KDL40W605B TV which is plugged into Sky. Recently, I had the TV repaired as the Main Board had broken so that was replaced.

I have the TV back and it works perfectly however all the apps that were on the TV have all disappeared! Netflix, iPlayer, YouTube etc. Everything, it's all gone. There are no apps on the TV at all and I can't seem to download/find any more.

Is there an easy way to fix this and why has it happened?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
williamjrjohnson
Explorer

Hi,

I'm in the UK.

But actually, I've worked it out!

Whoever was repairing it must have cleared all my settings. I've been messing around with this now and figured my TV is not connected to my own actual network. I've reconfigured it and it seems to be slowly bringing back all my apps now. Embarrassing its taken me this long to work that out but least its simple!

Thanks anyway.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Are you locate in the UK  (or Sweden by any chance?)

Can you please turn the TV off, reboot your ISPs router, once done turn the TV back on again.

Thanks

williamjrjohnson
Explorer

Hi,

I'm in the UK.

But actually, I've worked it out!

Whoever was repairing it must have cleared all my settings. I've been messing around with this now and figured my TV is not connected to my own actual network. I've reconfigured it and it seems to be slowly bringing back all my apps now. Embarrassing its taken me this long to work that out but least its simple!

Thanks anyway.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool - panic over :wink:

Glad you've worked it out.