Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KDL42W653a Apps Issue

SOLVED
Giles_W
New

Sony KDL42W653a Apps Issue

Hello

I have been trying to access the Sony Entertainment Network "All Applications" list, which only brings up a few applications unless I leave it loading on the page for 5 minutes where it finally comes up with the entire selection. 

Once this has happened, if I try and go on an application such as Netflix, I receive the message "The application is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later". The same happens with other apps such as Sky News etc. 

My internet connection is fine and have tried both wired and wireless. I have reset the internet aswell as doing a factory reset and unplugging the television from the wall for 10 minutes.

Could someone please advise me on what I can do to get this working.

Many Thanks 

187 REPLIES 187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Ritz_uk

This may sound rather dumb but... Why not just connect an ethernet cable to the TV considering that it is only 2meters away?  It would give a much more stable connection anyhow.

In regards to the sync issues with the amp, unfortunately there is little information to go on.  Can you please start another thread, and include as much detailed relevent information as possible.  As in make/model numbers of devices concerned.

Cheers

leatan09
New

Hi everyone, having the same issues my TV is only a week old was able to watch films on nertflix when I first got it but now every time I click the 'SEN' button it says Not available even though I am connected to the internet. Someone please help. Thanks 

jakeroyd58
Explorer

if you are connected over wifi try getting a stronger signal. You need a
good 4 or 5 bars.
The sony internet status tells you it is connected when sometimes its not.
Try your internet check option . It will often say it can find the router
and has local traffic but has not got internet.
If you can connect with a wire do so.
My fix was to buy a wifi extender and use its wired connection.
Worked for me
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Try doing a "Refresh Internet Content" in the network settings

Cheers

Hi Quinnicus,

My Tv is connected my ethernet, I have refreshed internet content, restored factory settings but some apps have still disappeared (Lovefilm, Spotify, Ted, ...). It seems that support has been working on this issue since august. 

It's frustrating to have a great tv that can't be used as it's meant to be.

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

@NicolasPai 

Hi there

Can you try using an ethernet cable to connect your TV to your router, and see how that goes.  Most of these issues tend to be wireless issues of some sort.  I have a W807 TV "wired" up and have never experienced these issues.

Cheers

profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Just for clarity, there has never been a Spotify app on the TV, Lovefilm has been rebranded to Amazon Video and pretty sure there isn't a TED app either. Can you confirm what product you are looking at?

Bewesy
Explorer

I was having various buffering/crashing/missing-apps issues for several months and eventually decided to connect it with a 15m ethernet cable which appeared to fix the issues.

To start with i just laid it round the back of the furniture as a temporary measure but now have installed it more permanently under the floor.

Since using a cable I can honestly say I don't think I've had a single issue.

As already mentioned it sounds like the wifi connectivity is basis of the problems so try a cable as a temporary measure.

Good luck! 

profile.country.GB.title
HHGTTG
Explorer

I have now got this problem and get Error 5010 when I try to Refresh Internet Content. I have seen elsewhere that one is supposed to put the TV back to a factory reset and there's no way I am going to do this. I don't know whether this problem will rectify itself as it ony started about two days ago. It's annoying as I had subscribed to the Berlin Philharmonic's Digital Concert Hall at an annual cost of over £110. At the moment the only way to watch concerts is on the laptop.

I have tried other suggestion about doing soft resets of the TV and my WiFi router but to no avail.

I'm very disappointed and hope that it may rectify itself. SEN doesn't work although I can access the useless browser that is offered and have set the homepage to Google and so this proves my TV is accessing the internet via my BT HUB.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Unfortunately the more effective solution is the factory reset, in any case try also there options suggested here:

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/46273