Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KDL55W829 3D syncing not working

SOLVED
munkyman007
Explorer

Sony KDL55W829 3D syncing not working

I've just bought a KDL55W829 and I can't get the 3D glasses to sync.

I've followed the instructions provided and searched on the web for how-to's and still no avail.

I received two 3D glasses with the TV and neither are able to sync. I hold the power button on top of the glasses for 2 seconds and a green and yellow starts blinking for about 20 seconds and then turns off. This is the same on both pairs of glasses.

I am using my Sky Box and simulating 3D (turning standard 2D into 3D just for testing) using the 3D menu option via the remote control. The Sky Box is connected directly to my TV via HDMI. There is nothing in front of the TV with regards to obstacles and I've even turned off the WIFI connection on the TV to avoid signal interference.

Can anybody suggest what I am doing wrong or am I missing something glarringly obvious?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
munkyman007
Explorer

Just an FYI in case someone else encounters a similar problem.

I contacted the department store where I bought the tv and they sent out an engineer to take a look. He carried out the exact same tests as I had previously done and said the tv isn't transmitting the appropriate signal to the glasses in order from them to register. He said the tv is faulty and that they'll send me out a replacement tv.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

To confirm, are you using the 3D glasses : TDG-BT500A?

If so, when you first sync the glasses to the TV, you must be REALLY close to the TV (for the first time anyhow).  The instruction manual says 50 cm (19.5 inchs).  Give that a go anyhow.

Cheers

When using Active 3D Glasses for
the first time, hold the glasses
within a 50 cm range of the TV
and turn on the TV and hold the
(Power) button/indicator for
2 seconds. The Active 3D Glasses
turn on and registration starts
(The
(Power) button/indicator
blinks green and yellow). When
registration is finished, a message
appears in the bottom right of
the screen for 5 seconds, and the
indicator will light up green for
3 seconds. This process is only
required one time.
If registration fails, the Active 3D
Glasses will turn off automatically.
In this case, repeat the above
munkyman007
Explorer

Hi, thanks for the message.

Here's what I've done so far...

1. Turned the TV on
2. Press the button on top of the 3D glasses and the green yellow light flickers for 20 sec and turns off. I'm standing as close to the tv as possible approx 10 cms away to make sure.
3. No message appears on the tv screen

The 3D glasses are tdg-bt400a

Am I missing something here?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I dont think your missing anything here.  Those are the right 3D glasses that are provided with the TV.  I can only suggest try or the retailer you purchased the TV from, and see if they can send out a set of new glasses - or alternatively contact Sony Support and see if they can help.  Sorry, im a little stumped too.

Please let us know how you get on.

Cheers

munkyman007
Explorer

Just an FYI in case someone else encounters a similar problem.

I contacted the department store where I bought the tv and they sent out an engineer to take a look. He carried out the exact same tests as I had previously done and said the tv isn't transmitting the appropriate signal to the glasses in order from them to register. He said the tv is faulty and that they'll send me out a replacement tv.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Thanks for posting back.  At least we (especially you) now know what the issue was.

Cheers

profile.country.IE.title
jojorda42

Is it also specified that the glasses notification "3D glasses registered" comes up each time? Why not just say "synced" after the 3D specs register for the 1st time? They are a little more comfortable than the old tdg-250s, but will break easy. The older specs were good quality if anything...

profile.country.IE.title
jojorda42

I just saw in this post & subsequent solution & even though post is an old post I'm sure there are folks with similar syncing issues due to set-up. There was mentioning of engineers & the panel being faulty, but I had a similar problem myself & persevered for about an hour... I just then realised the sync is Bluetooth enabled, which I inadvertantly switched to off. 3D GLASSES SYNC WILL NOT WORK if Bluetooth settings are disabled in TV Bluetooth set-up menu., Yet not a mention above of Bluetooth or Bluetooth sync. How very odd, to say the least...

I find it difficult to believe it was any other issue because there are none. But if the panel went back as faulty because the Blutooth was off, well call themselves a TV 'engineer' is pushing the boat out a little...

jgdpieman
New

just a quick note to others who may be experiencing this same problem. I too had trouble. Glasses synced with tv but made no difference to picture, i.e. 3d picture looked same with or without glasses Tried for hours to solve, eventually went to settings disabled bluetooth, then re-enabled...working!

Avdotia
New

Just to confirm, we had exactly the same problem and it was solved by doing the business with the bluetooth.  can't see why this would make a difference, but obviously the software has a glitch and needs a kick in the backside.