Join now - be part of our community!

Sound system

SOLVED
chgrimm77
Explorer

Sound system

Hi I have just purchased a KLDW605B TV and I have a Sony DAV S800 home DAV compact s AV sound system, could anybody please tell me if I can use this with my TV and also how to connect it up. Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Connect a single composite cable (Yellow RCA connector) from the TV (AV2) (see location of ports : HERE) to the DVD player.  I think you will need to change to AV2 to watch a DVD.  If you want it on AV1, you will need an adaptor (couple of quid) for a SCART to Composite.

You can either use a red/white composite cable for the audio, however I would personally use an Optical cable from the TV to the DVD player.  You can then output the sound from the TV to the DVD player if you set the TV's speakers to "Audio System" and then set the correct source on the DVD player.

Alternatively, considering that you have a new tv - have you considered a new all-in-one bluray system to go with it instead?

Hope this helps.

Cheers

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Connect a single composite cable (Yellow RCA connector) from the TV (AV2) (see location of ports : HERE) to the DVD player.  I think you will need to change to AV2 to watch a DVD.  If you want it on AV1, you will need an adaptor (couple of quid) for a SCART to Composite.

You can either use a red/white composite cable for the audio, however I would personally use an Optical cable from the TV to the DVD player.  You can then output the sound from the TV to the DVD player if you set the TV's speakers to "Audio System" and then set the correct source on the DVD player.

Alternatively, considering that you have a new tv - have you considered a new all-in-one bluray system to go with it instead?

Hope this helps.

Cheers

chgrimm77
Explorer

Thanks for your reply ,I forgot to mentioned that I was going through a Sky Box as well ,so would the setup still be the same. Sorry and Thank you::smileyrolleyes:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The missing detail :slight_smile:  but not to worry - setup should be the same I think.  Just connect Sky box to the TV.

Cheers