Join now - be part of our community!

tv not responding to remote.

SOLVED
Ryan_brown016
Explorer

tv not responding to remote.

Hi
I purchased the kd-49x8505b tv a couple of days ago, I love it but am getting frustrated with a couple of things and need help.

Firstly the tv responds to the volume buttons etc on the remote but not the 'home' or 'options' buttons etc am I missing something?
Also the bluetooth won't connect to anything. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ryan_brown016
Explorer

Sorry, been busy!
Managed to sort it :slight_smile:
I disconnected everything from the tv, turned off sony sync. Plugged my blu ray and sky into a different tv to turn the hdmi sync off and bobs ur uncle.
Not sure why but seemed to be the only way round it would work.
But at least it's all fixed.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Can you try disabling the "HDMI-CEC" functions on the Sky box, and test out (might be called "Control for HDMI")

Have a read of the following thread:

http://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kdl-46w905a-home-button-not-responding/td-p/1769313

Cheers

Ryan_brown016
Explorer

Hi

Thanks for the reply, I have tried turning the hdmi control off on both the blu ray and the sky and still have the same issue.

Really frustrating as I can't access the menu without going over to the tv and pulling all cables out.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Can you please describe how things are connected up - as this may assist, using what cables.  Also which remote control are you using.

In regards to the bluetooth question - only bluetooth mice are supported (for web browsing), therefore no other bluetooth devices will work.

Cheers

Ryan_brown016
Explorer

Sorry, been busy!
Managed to sort it :slight_smile:
I disconnected everything from the tv, turned off sony sync. Plugged my blu ray and sky into a different tv to turn the hdmi sync off and bobs ur uncle.
Not sure why but seemed to be the only way round it would work.
But at least it's all fixed.