Join now - be part of our community!

W6 Series Motion Flow

SOLVED
scchalm74
New

W6 Series Motion Flow

Hi - Does anyone know if the W6 Series TVs are 100hz or 200 hz TVs?

Also it seems that there is not a motionflow speed setting, like high, medium, low. From what I can see they seem to be linked to the scenes.

Is anyone able to advise if this is true and if so is sport technicaly the fastest motion flow setting? If so I would use sport and then tweak the other settings like contrast etc and use for all viewing.

This TV is an upgrade from a 50hz so I would like to be able to use the settings if they are available. If anyone can advise that wolud be great. Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The W6 range uses what Sony calls "Motionflow XR 200hz.  This is actually a 100hz TV, that does extra processing to "feel like" 200hz.  

Hope that helps

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The W6 range uses what Sony calls "Motionflow XR 200hz.  This is actually a 100hz TV, that does extra processing to "feel like" 200hz.  

Hope that helps

scchalm74
New

Cheers pal that makes sense. It's a bit cheeky of Sony but I'm not too bothered as IMO much above 100 gives you more issues. Motion is definitely better than my old 50hz.

I don't suppose anyone knows if its running at 100 for everything other than game and movie mode or if it varies with each scene is sport the fastest/smoothest setting?