Join now - be part of our community!

which screen size is best for Sony KDLHX923 placed 205cm (6.72 feet)from sofa?

profile.country.en_GB.title
giodeflo9
Visitor

which screen size is best for Sony KDLHX923 placed 205cm (6.72 feet)from sofa?

Hello,

can i please ask some advice?

I am purchasing a brand new Bravia HX923 but I am not sure if I should buy the 55 or the 65 inches one.

My current tv is the 55X4500, therefore I'd naturally choose the 55 inches 923 because I am quite happy with the size but i am really tempted to get the bigger one, as i loved moving from my previous 46 inches x2000 to the 55 inches one, but I don't want to be disappointed because distance from sofa may be too little for such a big tv perhaps and therefore i could see pixels or artefacts?

Is the 65 too big for a distance from the sofa of 205cm (sofa is 170 cm away from tv, but my head is 205 cm from tv which is 6.72 feet).

I normally watch programs in HD, rarely in SD unless I have to.

I have noticed that the 65 inches one is exactly same lenght of my 55x4500 (because my tv has the size speakers) but it is 10 cm taller.

Finally, am i more likely to get the issue with lines of hx series which some users have reported with the 65 or with the 55 (or hopefully the new builds won't have the issue anyway?)

Thanks in advance for your time

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.en_GB.title
giodeflo9
Visitor

Hi,

thanks a lot for the advice,

i originally opted for the 55, then went to the store with a meter, sat exactly at that distance and it was AWESOME in HD, just ok in SD. I am not going to watch SD anyway having Sky HD....if I see it becomes overkill i can always put it on the other side of the room and move the sofa to get to up to 9ft....i couldn;t resist the temptation to go bog, i can;t forget the excitement of passing from 46X2000 to  55X4500 ...i just now i have ti stop now :laughing: to avoid losing my sight. Should get it on Saturday and it's a late build too.

Many thanks everyone!