Join now - be part of our community!

2 month old VAIO, but plagued with problems

profile.country.en_GB.title
dracorex
Visitor

2 month old VAIO, but plagued with problems

Is it possible to get a refund? My laptop arrived faulty, it is now 2 months old, but I did not discover all of it time. Also, I had to use the VAIO as an emergency because I had Absolutely no other device to contact the world with. (I was away on a holiday in a remote area with no phone signal)

The plastic on my laptop appears to be cracked (unfortunately I only noticed this today), the screen flickers black when typing every 2-4 seconds (this feature is the most annoying, as any full screen applications will crash or freeze). The CD drive does not work and sometimes the toupas doesnt work either....

is it possible? What can I do to get rid of useless laptop?

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi dracorex and welcome.

Have you spoken to Vaio Support about these problems?

:thinking:

dracorex
Visitor

Yes, and I am wondering what to expect... I'm extremely disappointed and frustrated with the product, because it's effectively useless... what is SONY's policy on refunds? Also, how do I prove that that the goods were faulty at arrival AND it was Not my fault?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

It is always difficult if you don't deal with it immediately.  If the Vaio had faults when bought, you should have returned it to the seller immediately for a refund or exchange. I fear it is too late for a refund and Sony should be given the chance to fix those problems that are covered by the warranty.  Physical damage will not be covered.

However, I think Sony will deal with each individual case on its merits and you should wait for their decision.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

As a matter of interest have you spoken to the seller as he would be responsible if the Vaio was faulty when it was sold?

Did you pay by Credit Card?

dracorex
Visitor

Debit Card, and purchased it through this online store. So I wouldn't know who to speak to

dracorex
Visitor

But why not covered? They gave me a laptop that was falling apart when I opened it... how can a company simply get away with that? I had no option but to use it, but so basically, Sony does not refund its faulty products?

I don't want to pay for something that I just purchased... besides I didn't notice all of the faults at the same time... I only noticed the damage on the plastic recently. But I am sure it wasn't me.

Message was edited by: dracorex

Message was edited by: dracorex