Join now - be part of our community!

Error while creating recovery disc

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
ayfujis
Visitor

Error while creating recovery disc

I am trying to create the recovery discs for my brand new Vaio and it keeps getting an error message. It tells me that an error had occured, shut down the pc and restart the process. No matter how many times I restart, the same thing happens. The DVD-RW (4.7gb) discs are brand new and are clean. The laptop is brand new. What could be causing this annoying problem!? Has anyone had this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ayfujis
Visitor

Sorted. All I had to do was close the IE and Microsoft Outlook.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi ayfujis and welcome.

Have you installed any programs on the Vaio?  Some Virtual Disc software causes problems with the drive selection.

After how long do you get the error message?

What exactly is the error message you see?

Have you tried a different make and type of disc?  Most use Verbatim, Sony or TDK DVD+R discs to prevent accidental deletion.

Which Vaio Model do you have?

If all else fails, all you can do is phone Vaio support for advice.

:thinking:

ayfujis
Visitor

Hi.

I have installed Microsoft Office 2007, utorrent, iTunes, k lite codec pack and AVG. The error message first occured while burning disc 3 of 4. I then restarted from disc 1 and the same problem occured half way through burning disc 1. I have tried different discs, Sony, Verbatim and it is the same. The Sony discs are brand new. My vaio is SV-E1511C5E.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I think you will need to speak to Vaio Support.  They may have seen this problem before and have a quick solution.

ayfujis
Visitor

Sorted. All I had to do was close the IE and Microsoft Outlook.