Join now - be part of our community!

6 day old vaio SVE1712q1E

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
ZombieFried777

6 day old vaio SVE1712q1E

Hi all not had this computer a week but the c disk drive in task manager is running at 100% all the time even when im doing nothing. I took it back to pc world on friday after getting fed up with it for a refund or exchange but they were no help at all. they ran a test and it says on the print out that it could have a problem with the C drive?? but still they would not help. considering spending the £60 and taking them to small claims for my £650 back.

I have spent the day reinstalling windows and done all the updates but has made difference at all. I cant belive this laptop is slower than my 7 year old dell..

Can i send this laptop into sony for repair? If i do will i get mine back or someone else's second hand one? like Sony does with the ps3's.

Also i forgot action centre tells me that there are errors and on the disk and it scans that asks me to restart. i restart the action centre message pops up again with the same c drive message, it scans i restart it scans i restart. its not fixing itself..

Message was edited by: ZombieFried777

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi ZombieFried777,

We have had reports of this in the past and from memory McAfee 'Family Protection' was the culprit – this is not necessarily the problem in your case. This was supposed to have been sorted with an update from McAfee but many users, quite rightly in my opinion, decided to remove the offending product and install a more reliable security product.

To remove McAfee completely you will need to follow the following guide.

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS101331

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi ZombieFried777,

We have had reports of this in the past and from memory McAfee 'Family Protection' was the culprit – this is not necessarily the problem in your case. This was supposed to have been sorted with an update from McAfee but many users, quite rightly in my opinion, decided to remove the offending product and install a more reliable security product.

To remove McAfee completely you will need to follow the following guide.

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS101331

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
ZombieFried777

Hi rich thanks for you quick reply. I have followed your advice and followed the advice link posted. Unfortunately the c disk drive is still going like the clappers.

profile.country.GB.title
ZombieFried777

actually Rich having used it for a couple of hours it seems to have sorted its self out. c drive at 2% right now with chrome and a couple of apps running. Think you were right with the McAffe. I think Mr McAfee needs to sort his life out then get back to work. : p Thanks Again Rich

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

ZombieFried777 wrote:

I think Mr McAfee needs to sort his life out then get back to work.

You’re welcome ZombieFried777.

Unfortunately for McAfee I think it is too late for him on both counts:smileywink:

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat