Join now - be part of our community!

about graphics card

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
EPU8787
Visitor

about graphics card

I'm a new user of vaio vpcec2soe. Actually this one is my first laptop too. This laptop comes with Ati mobility radeon HD5470 with dedicated 512 mb. Can I increase this memory to 1GB anyway?

Another ques: is: Its performance rating (which i found in Performance information and tools) shows 5. Can i increase it to 6.5 or higher?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

All memory allocation for your graphics is handled automatically by Windows 7.  You cannot manually adjust this but depending on your available sytem memory and available RAM, Windows will allocate extra memory to graphics when it is needed up to a maximum of 3250MB (3.25 GB)

Likewise, you cannot increase the performance rating of the graphics except to make sure you always have the latest Sony driver available installed.

:wink:

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

All memory allocation for your graphics is handled automatically by Windows 7.  You cannot manually adjust this but depending on your available sytem memory and available RAM, Windows will allocate extra memory to graphics when it is needed up to a maximum of 3250MB (3.25 GB)

Likewise, you cannot increase the performance rating of the graphics except to make sure you always have the latest Sony driver available installed.

:wink:

profile.country.en_GB.title
EPU8787
Visitor

Thank You:smileyhappy:. I understand that. Thank you so much for your answer.:smileyhappy: