Join now - be part of our community!

Adobe AE CS3 & OpenGL problems - (VGN-A417M with ATI Mobility Radeon X600)

jimmex
Visitor

Adobe AE CS3 & OpenGL problems - (VGN-A417M with ATI Mobility Radeon X600)

Hi - can anyone help with a problem thats frustrating me with recently installed Adobe Effects CS3 on my VGN-A417M

Everytime I launch AE I get a message during the startup, when the AE OpenGL plugin is detected saying that AE is unable to process OpenGL commands. Also when shutting down AE I get an 'unable to write to memory' error message.

I've checked my graphics card is running OpenGL ok with a benchmark software and found no obvious problems.

Searching on the Adobe forum (and various others) the suggestion is that I should update the ATI Mobility Radeon driver but when I try to do this with the latest ATI Catalyst driver package downloaded from the ATI website the setup file aborts saying that I am trying to install an incorrect driver.

Can anyone tell me if/how is it possible to update the ATI driver as the latest one listed on the Viao downloads site dates back to 2005.

For the moment I've removed the OpenGL plugin from AE and as the two error messages have now gone this seems to confirm that the plugin/lack of communication to the graphics card is definitely the problem but for speed reasons it would obviously be better to have my graphics card communicating with AE ....

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

0 REPLIES 0