Join now - be part of our community!

Adobe premiere elements 7.0 stopped working

profile.country.fr_BE.title
bouquelj
New

Adobe premiere elements 7.0 stopped working

Vaio VGN-FW41ZJ is shipped with full range of Adobe software.

I did start a few weeks ago to use Adobe Premiere Elements 7.0 for handling and montage of videos from camcorder!

Except a very large use of computing resources and disk space the program seemed to deliver good promises

... till today experience:

I can launch the program but when loading any previous project it does not open any view of the workspace.and stays camping iconized without any working window!

idem for the creation of new project!

Did I miss some step.

I have to mention that the last trial for updating adobe AIR did not succeed. Is there any relations between the two situations?

Has somebody experience using VAIO and Adobe Premiere Elements ?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

There are some fixes on the Adobe forums here: -

http://www.elementsvillage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59295

Have you got an up to date version of Quicktime installed?

Have you installed all the Vaio Updates for your model from here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/updates/index.aspx?m=VGN-FW41ZJ_H&l=en_GB

Check you have installed the VAIO Edit Components Update 6.6.00.06130?

:thinking:

profile.country.fr_BE.title
bouquelj
New

hey Blencogo,

thanks for your reaction:

- I just got the last updates for QickTime to 7.6.8

- I did run the update for "VAIO Edit Components Update 6.6.00.06130"

I still have the same situation after opening Premiere Elements 7 it collapses in iconized form refusing to open the windows with the workspace.

According the task manager the process is still running but doing nothing (no CPU activity!)

When lauching PS Elements 7 I can play the videos that are on my C drive and there the workspace is correct.

After twice open and close of PSE I try again to restaure from my "pre" icon and I got finally a windom with the menu bar ... I jumped into the windows/ restaure work space and it succeed!

Miracle after 2 days "chipotage" opening and closing Me&My VAIO, restarting a lot of times the other tools like VAIO Movie Story, and other Windows Media tools ...

I was evaluating the question of reinstalling the PSE 7 but as I did read in the "Elements village" link that you gave me but I was with a similar question: how can I get a source when it was originally delivered on the hard disk of my system! no specific source DVD available.

Good for now I try to work again on my video project!

Thanks for your intervention ...  even if I do not understand the exact bad/good flow of manipulations I did?